Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feedback Confusion!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161796)

Clairenicole 02-18-2011 12:07 AM

Feedback Confusion!!

Okay so there are now two instances where I have wanted to leave negative feedback but I just can't seem to do it.... the fist one the mama sold me something wham made and I got it and it was all cheap and came apart before I could get it on my LO :banghead: but she was super nice about everything and returned my money and I shipped it back... now part of me wants to leave negative feedback about the product because thats what its all about... but positive feedback about the service! And thats confusing... and what if it was just the things she sent me... and its not normal and then the neg feedback hurts her... :cry: So I don't know what to do there.... then the other instance is that I made a trade like a stinkin month ago and the lady got my stuff I sent her and hasn't sent her stuff at all and then sends me an e-mail saying shes having an issue with what I sent her and wants to reduce the TV of the stuff she STILL hasn't sent me... And thats super annoying! One because I totally spaced to mention what shes upset about... and thats bad one me! And I feel bad about it... but even if she sends them back and its no harm no foul... how is it that it takes her a month to get to the PO with my stuff! And I feel like someone who is going to trade with her next should know that it takes her forever to respond to pms and apparently she isn't worried about getting her stuff out quickly... in fact I had to PM her a week ago and she FORGOT about the whole thing :banghead: I know these things happen... and I'm not perfect. But I don't know what to do... and then I'm scared she'd leave me negative feedback!

theres a question in and amongst all this crazy! :giggle2: How much would a neg feedback hurt someone? and when is the right time to use it? I don't see anyone on the FSOT with neg feedback so I was thinking there might be someone people out there that had the same reservations about it as me!

and advice would be totally welcomed!

Fishie Kisses 02-18-2011 12:22 AM

Re: Feedback Confusion!!

feedback should be a reflection of your experience with the transaction, not necessarily just the product.

In the first instance, I would absolutely leave positive. Yes, you got a faulty product, but the seller made it right.

For your trade, definitely do not leave FB until the transaction is complete. And to be honest, I personally would probably not leave any at all BECAUSE she could just as easily leave you negative for not disclosing the issue. BUUUT, IMO, as long as you're willing to make it right, that makes her experience positive. The fact that she still has not shipped after a month, immediately means negative. That one is a toughy. I would probably just ask her to return everything you sent her, and drop that whole thing as if it never happened.

A transaction deserving of negative feedback, IMO, is one where you do not receive your item(s) as described (or never at all) and the seller is not willing to make it right.

A neutral is more like they made it right, eventually, but took forever to respond, shipping was slow to begin with, etc. Or poor communication, slow shipping, but perfect product.

knibert 02-18-2011 05:00 AM

Def postitive FB for the first! I would wait on the second and see what comes of it all. If everyone is happy in the end, then I would leave positive or none at all.

4littlenorskes 02-18-2011 07:44 AM

Purchase: You got a refund and the seller did make it right even though the product was faulty...if she didn't sew it than it's not a negative against her and that wouldn't be right.

Trade: Have you contacted a mod. about this...a month is WAY too long to not have received your end of the trade and the fact that she has been using it and now complains about it...:headscratch: WHY didn't she send your stuff out when you agreed on the trade?!?!

Here's where you can contact a mod.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=481032

lotusstewart 02-18-2011 10:25 AM

I agree, positive feedback for the first. But if you know who made the WAHM diaper, and feel really strongly about telling other buyers you didn't like the quality, you can leave feedback here for the maker of the diaper if they are listed.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...splay.php?f=68

Now for the trade, I would tell her you want your stuff by xyz date or you are getting a mod involved, and it's up to you if you're willing to reduce the amount she sends since you know the specifics on that. :) I had a trade like yours where I sent my stuff, and didn't get her package for a loooooong time. I almost got a mod involved, but at the last minute she sent it. Clothes she said were EUC had stains and holes in them, but at that point I was so over it and just wanted to move on. I left her neutral feedback and listed the problems with the transaction so other Mamas could be warned, but I didn't damage her rating. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt because she had over 100 positive ratings and 0 neutral or negative, and after so long everyone is bound to mess up.

I hope you get your stuff soon!!

Clairenicole 02-18-2011 11:22 AM

What I'm thinking is that everyone has such a good raiting because no one wants to damage them! at least I'm not the only one who feels bad about leaving a negative! The things I worry about these days I swear lol

hilaryisinked 02-20-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4littlenorskes (Post 12319573)
Purchase: You got a refund and the seller did make it right even though the product was faulty...if she didn't sew it than it's not a negative against her and that wouldn't be right.

Trade: Have you contacted a mod. about this...a month is WAY too long to not have received your end of the trade and the fact that she has been using it and now complains about it...:headscratch: WHY didn't she send your stuff out when you agreed on the trade?!?!

Here's where you can contact a mod.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=481032

:yeahthat:

shortcake2386 02-20-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clairenicole (Post 12321132)
What I'm thinking is that everyone has such a good raiting because no one wants to damage them! at least I'm not the only one who feels bad about leaving a negative! The things I worry about these days I swear lol

not necessarily. i left negative fb and it was changed(against my wishes) to neutral:banghead: i didnt fuss bc my comments were still there...but then my comments were edited too:sigh: so, reall, the fb means nothing:hide: