Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Need to be a seller to post ISO??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1163326)

LaidybugsMom 02-20-2011 08:35 PM

Need to be a seller to post ISO???

Hi!

I'm new here, but I'd like to post diapers I'm looking for in the ISO forum. However, every time I try to start a thread, it tells me I have to be an approved seller before I can post. I'm new to cloth and am not interested in being a seller at this point - I just want to buy!

Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Miss_Mommy 02-21-2011 02:13 AM

Re: Need to be a seller to post ISO???

You could always try a search for the diapers you're iso. IDK about the needing to be fsot seller for the iso forum though.

bbraymom 02-21-2011 10:38 AM

I think that because the ISO threads can also include IHA's that they want you to be aproved as a seller (due to the ability to advertise what you have)

ktmelody 02-21-2011 03:25 PM

Sorry mama, only approved sellers can post in the ISO area. You can buy items, but you cant have an ISO for them until you get a badge.

You can put your ISO in your signature when you get one.

Applying is easy:
Instructions here

nenekins 02-25-2011 04:46 PM

I hope my 30 days to apply goes by fast because I'm ready, lol. I wish outside feedback played a part in this. But I know it's only for the best.

micharlisa 02-26-2011 03:16 PM

Thanks so much this is the exact question I had... the only reason I created an account is to post in the ISO area and I had the same problem it told me I needed to be a seller. Likewise I have no intrest in selling and I also don't want to spend hours digging through old posts in the buying area. I bought the first set of diapers for my newborn from a local store used but he's outgrowing them and I just wanted to buy a set of medium covers from 1 or a few people used ....as the selection for older used diapers is pretty nill in my area store. Perhaps they could alter the site set-up ... I don't really have a desire to be a constant buyer/seller... I only came to the site for an intended purpose. Are there other choices for a quick way to just make a few transactions?

Keiki 02-26-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micharlisa (Post 12383679)
Thanks so much this is the exact question I had... the only reason I created an account is to post in the ISO area and I had the same problem it told me I needed to be a seller. Likewise I have no intrest in selling and I also don't want to spend hours digging through old posts in the buying area. I bought the first set of diapers for my newborn from a local store used but he's outgrowing them and I just wanted to buy a set of medium covers from 1 or a few people used ....as the selection for older used diapers is pretty nill in my area store. Perhaps they could alter the site set-up ... I don't really have a desire to be a constant buyer/seller... I only came to the site for an intended purpose. Are there other choices for a quick way to just make a few transactions?

You could always use the "Advanced Search" feature and search for the cover brand you're looking for or Medium in the FSOT Cover section.

LaidybugsMom 02-26-2011 07:40 PM

Thanks for the answers! It does seem like maybe there should be an area for posting ISOs though that doesn't have so many requirements!

micharlisa 02-27-2011 08:12 AM

I just spent about 2 hours searching the site with no luck ... and did not figure out how to do the advanced feature and when I typed in the general search box at the top I got items dated from august so I was going post by post in the covers area...
I found 2 postings in that "covers" area that were medium, boys thristies or somewhat like them ... but both were already sold. I am strongly thinking of just going to buy the 12 pack of mediums new from another site for ~200 with a coupon code. I figure I will pay twice as much but will save myself hours of time which is just as valuable. Am just very frustrated...sorry to hijack the thread from the opening poster.