Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sell diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1163645)

mommytomolly 02-21-2011 11:58 AM

Sell diapers

I was looking at some diapers but they mentioned that shipping would be extra? Is that normal? seems a bit expensive?

s2grace 02-21-2011 12:34 PM

Re: Sell diapers

depends on the diapers and what they are selling them for. Shipping can get expensive.

doodah 02-21-2011 01:01 PM

yes completely varies on what is being sent and where it is coming from. Also, some mamas add in a small cushion to cover shipping supplies (envelopes, etc) or paypal fees. You could always offer a lower price but don't be upset if they say no since a seller doesn't have to take a lower offer. Just keep looking for something else. There is so much on FSOT and it constantly changes so if you keep looking, you will get an idea of what the normal range for shipping is.

~happy2Bamommy~ 02-21-2011 08:21 PM

I tend to look for the "ppd" which means they are including postage in the price I see listed :thumbsup:

jmrw2 03-01-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 12345392)
I tend to look for the "ppd" which means they are including postage in the price I see listed :thumbsup:

:yeahthat: this is me too. It's the simplest and easiest way to go :)

Fishie Kisses 03-01-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 12345392)

me too! Unless it's a STEAL (like the $1/diaper I got today), I don't even bother considering stuff that will cost me extra for shipping

jamilynn84 03-01-2011 12:49 PM

Some diapers are heavy to ship (especially prefolds and flats if there are more than a few).
paypal fees cost the seller 2.9%. packaging cost $1-2, plus the cost of shipping. So say the seller wants a $10 return from a diaper, she pays $1 for a mailer and $3 for shipping. The cost would have to be $15 ppd. That how most people do it for shipping within the US.

But say someone want a $10 return on 6 prefolds. She still has to factor the price of the mailer and paypal fees into her asking price, but if shipping is going to be $6-$10 depending on where it's going, it makes more sense to ask for price + shipping.

IsaacsMom2009 03-02-2011 07:53 AM

I have done it both ways in the past and I find that doing ppd, I usually lose more money. I prefer to list items at a decent price and then calculate shipping after the fact. That way if mamas buy more than one thing, they don't end up paying more because I had to put shipping and fees into the price of each item.

tinamarie908 03-14-2011 05:24 PM

I would just include the shipping and make the price of each diaper more.