Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When "Liquid Gold" is Bittersweet- Loss ment. Update post 34 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1165087)

Pampered Mama 02-23-2011 03:26 PM

When "Liquid Gold" is Bittersweet- Loss ment. Update post 34

Wasn't quite sure where to post...

My body thinks I have a newborn to feed- I guess it wants to nurture my little one, even though he is gone. He'll never get this liquid gold. I wasn't even sure if my body would make milk, given I was only 20 weeks along when he passed- but it is. Those first tiny drops of colostrum 2 days after he was born, and about a teaspoon when I used my hand pump today. My 28 month old DS is thrilled, excitedly telling me "Nussies have moe milk!" when he tried to nurse (he had been nursing off and on the whole pg, but my milk had dried up by 12 weeks). For me it is bittersweet, knowing this milk was meant for the little one I lost. I am going back and forth about maybe pumping a bit and donating some, but I haven't decided yet-

Anyways, Thanks for listening-

klevmomma 02-23-2011 03:28 PM

Re: When "Liquid Gold" is Bittersweet- Loss ment.

So sorry, mama :-(

I know of other mamas who have had losses and felt that pumping / donating helped them to heal - but of course that is a very personal decision. :hugs:

jpabruzzese 02-23-2011 03:33 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss mama. I hope if you decide to pump and donate you do find some peace in the process.

MamaSarahMay 02-23-2011 03:36 PM

Just wanted to give you :hugs: and say I am so sorry for your loss Mama.

keen1981 02-23-2011 03:37 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. HUGS!

Your breasts start creating milk as early as 10 weeks. If you encourage the milk to come, it usually does.

IsaacsMom2009 02-23-2011 03:51 PM

There are no words mama. :hugs:

hilaryisinked 02-23-2011 04:00 PM

So very sorry :cry:

stevensmom 02-23-2011 04:04 PM

:hugs:

tygr2410 02-23-2011 06:20 PM

I'm not sure what I'd do, part of me thinks it's a great idea, but then another says it'd be prolonging the grieving, and I wouldn't have to let go entirely as long as I was still producing and I'd be very sad when the milk was gone and nothing more to give. BUT I also know it can be an amazing gift for a baby that Needs it, much like an organ donation, that cannot be medically replicated, only graciously given by another human.

So sorry for your loss and for needing to make the choice.

wendow 02-23-2011 06:32 PM

My heart breaks for you :hugs: I'm so sorry you are going through this.