Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1165424)

jenn5388 02-24-2011 08:42 AM

If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent)

UGH!

So since finding out, my mom has been touching my stomach. :banghead:

I'm 14 weeks now.. Still JUST FAT and she's still trying to touch me! she's gotten me a couple times, I've told her 101 times to STOP doing it, but she doesn't listen.. because "she's not touching fat, she's touching the baby.." what, did the baby all of sudden start growing on the outside? No? well then you aren't touching the baby, what you're touching is ME and I want you to keep your hands off me. I think next time I'm going to reach out and grab her. lol It's bad enough half the time she misses and swipes by a boob in the process. :yuck: Then she tells me sorry, What? you accidently grabbed a boob instead of my fat stomach and now you want to tell me your sorry, like it's not okay to reach out for a boob, but it's okay to CONSTANTLY try and touch my stomach? oh, just so we get that clear. ugh.

who do you have in your life that's a toucher? :giggle: Do you want to slap them everytime they try and touch you? lol

Angel89411 02-24-2011 09:43 AM

Re: If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent)

Reach out and grab some chub off of her tummy or, if she doesn't have any (bah to her), rub her belly. She needs to stop. If it aggravates you enough enough, what she is doing is sexual harassment. You can not touch another person's body against their will. Of course, I know a deputy who lives close by and my husband works at the sheriff's dept so I'd "make good" on that warning. (not really, but our friend at least would have fun with it if he weren't busy and I asked him ahead of time.)

badhayrday 02-24-2011 10:00 AM

Re: If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent)

I'm so sorry...lol...my mom does this too. I HATE IT!!!!! It absolutely makes me furious. I don't know what makes people think that because you're pregnant the same "it's rude to rub peoples fat uninvited" rule doesn't apply anymore. My stomach is my space and only DH is welcome to touch it. I mean it's personal. After 3 pregnancies she still hasn't figured out that I don't like it. I'm dreading the next time I see her (she doesn't live in town anymore) because it will have been a few months since she saw me and she will go crazy about how my belly is growing...blah blah blah...and then she won't just give it a little pat...oh no, she will carress it and make it a big deal out of it. I want to get a T-shirt that says "yes I'm pregnant, no you can NOT touch my belly".

7 for now 02-24-2011 10:33 AM

I can't stand anyone other than DH to touch my belly. I honestly don't like my kids doing it either but don't say anything to them. I am not a touchy feely kind of person by nature and would be perfectly happy to have noone touch my belly. I am a nurse and some of the other nurses and techs will rub my belly now and then and I just back up and freak out in my head. LOL!!

GailsListAWish 02-24-2011 10:34 AM

Yeah! Personal space...especially when pregnant!

linzbear 02-24-2011 10:44 AM

Wrap yourself in seran wrap? Maybe that will get the point across :giggle:

I'd probably just tell her the next time she tries to touch my belly, I'm slapping her hand. Sometimes you just have to be a witch about it.

madebymommy 02-24-2011 10:46 AM

My mom presses her face into my stomach and talks. It skeeves me out!!!

hilaryisinked 02-24-2011 10:46 AM

My mom was such a toucher!!!! So annoying!!!! When my DH was in boot camp I was pregnant and spending all my time at my mom's and with her and all she did was rub my belly. Driving down the road, in public, wherever we were! It drove me insane!

mommyof2wildboys 02-24-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madebymommy (Post 12365876)
My mom presses her face into my stomach and talks. It skeeves me out!!!

That would freak me out!

staceyroo77 02-24-2011 12:15 PM

My mom does not do this, I don't even remember ever once trying or asking to touch my belly. I may have told her too when I've felt the baby move with previous pregnancies, not this one yet.