Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   blueberry coveralls cover.. opinions? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166421)

My Sweet Blessings 02-25-2011 05:34 PM

blueberry coveralls cover.. opinions?

SO I ordered 2 of these and got 1 in today. Is it just me or are these things huge? I put to the smallest setting and it still looks really big. Anyone use these and want to chime in on fit?

soccermama13 02-25-2011 05:46 PM

Re: blueberry coveralls cover.. opinions?

I agree it looks huge but when my son reached 9 pounds it became our favorite cover. I did have the aplix tabs crossed over then. I've never had a leak thanks to the leg gussets. I use it over fitteds though... It would probably be too big for trifolding.

aLittleBouncingSoul 02-25-2011 08:31 PM

I didn't use them on an itty bitty baby, but love them on my toddler! They are a little more roomy than I like for trifolding, but work great over snappid prefolds or fitteds.

nicandboys 02-25-2011 08:41 PM

I didn't use it on my son as a newborn but used it on him when he was already around 10 weeks and 15 lbs. It's still roomy, not trim, but not really bulky either.

Mom2evie 02-25-2011 09:17 PM

Got mine in the mail today and thought the same thing! DD is 15 lbs and as soon as I put in on her with a trifolded prefold she had a massive poo and all stayed contained. Good news!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mariamommy 02-25-2011 09:25 PM

It does seem big. I have one and had a couple issues right away. The front of it when I pull it up between baby's legs seems tight width wise. I am used to my flips and being able to spread it out far, but the coverall seems snugish. And I got the pink on chocolate, and the pink dots just look dirty and dingy (they aren't actually dirty) ... its the COLOR of the dots, they're not "pink" ~ like a dirty peachy color. Its sort of ugly compared to the bright pink piping on the edges. Not sure what I am going to do with it.

faiths13 02-25-2011 09:51 PM

i dont think they are huge, but they are full coverage and def not trim. i like them tho, but i like other covers more.

ReadingRenee 02-25-2011 10:18 PM

I love my blueberry coveralls! :) I guess they are not trim but I don't really care about trim as long as it fits under clothes and holds in the mess and the leaks. Blueberry coveralls do both for us.

I get faint marks on the back of her thighs from these covers, but honestly way less than with Flips or Econobums.

They are definitely full coverage. I love them FOR that reason though. No pulling and tugging with a snappied PF or flat. I have heard and I can see that they probably wouldn't be good for trifolding just because of the roominess of the cover.

My Sweet Blessings 02-25-2011 10:33 PM

thanks for the feedback. i think they will work for us once baby chunks up a bit (although I am expecting another 9+lber like his brothers! LOL). As long as it fits and does the job, I'm ok with the fullness. I was just worried that there would be huge gaps with theings escaping. I will mostly be using fitteds, but some snappied prefolds. I don't do trifold.

b15chik 02-25-2011 10:37 PM

it fit my ds super weird and i sold it. i really was hoping to love it though