Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   best nightime solution don't want to use sposies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169008)

sweetmeliss 03-02-2011 09:50 AM

best nightime solution don't want to use sposies

I am DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

I have a 2 month old and love my fluff but have been using sposies at night. I have used bg 4.0 with both inserts and he will still wake up and hard to get him back to sleep. He sleeps for 5-6 hours when I use a sposie and 3 when I use cloth... HELP!!!! I have BGE but would like some other options. Kissa he wets through in an hour, same as happy heiny fitted.:banghead:

Also, he screams bloody murder whenever he feels his bottom is wet.

sweetmeliss 03-02-2011 10:03 AM

Re: best nightime solution don't want to use sposies

:bumpsign:

4MyBubbies 03-02-2011 10:07 AM

I would try a fitted I hear thirsties new duo fitted has a stay dry inner and you can add extra absorbancy to them. i like the hemp for added absorbancy

sweetmeliss 03-02-2011 11:15 AM

Any more suggestions???

FernHollow 03-02-2011 11:29 AM

My 15mo has been that way since birth. I will admit that I decided sleep was most important and we usually use sposies on him at night. I've been able to CD the rest of my kids at night with no problem, he just HATES to be wet when he's sleeping. If he's wetting through a double stuffed BG 4.0 at 2 months and using 1 disposable a day makes you get more sleep? I'd say not to feel guilty about it :hugs:

I have tried lots of different things at night with zero success for him. He wakes up even now as a toddler halfway through the night to have his sposie changed and cloth is way more often. The only other thing I could suggest would be a fitted with suedecloth stay dry (it feels more dry than fleece,etc) and wool on top so that there isn't PUL keeping the moisture in.

momofdestructobaby 03-02-2011 11:38 AM

LOL. I think I have tried ever night time combo at this point. The best one I have found is the Drybees fleece night time pockets. It has a stay dry inner and DD was dry against her skin in the AM. I stuffed it with a Flip organic prefold. The outer is a thick fleece and it DID NOT leak at all. Sheets were dry in the morning. My DD is 17 months and will soak right through a disposable over night.....but did not soak through a Drybees.

We have also had good luck with a RaR pocket, stuffed with both RaR 6R soaker inserts AND a bamboo insert. But I personally prefer not to use PUL overnight.

I picked up the Drybee on FSOT for $15PPD

unfadingcolors 03-02-2011 12:06 PM

sbish fitted or snapless + wool = you will never have a problem!

i use a stay-dry liner too to keep it nice and dry overnight

momofdestructobaby 03-02-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

i use a stay-dry liner too to keep it nice and dry overnight
What liners do you use? I have some sbish and DD doesn't like them....maybe with a liner.....

animallover817 03-02-2011 12:20 PM

JustSimplyBaby.com!!!!
They have a ton of reviews with stories of dry babies and sheets in the morning!

missrico 03-02-2011 12:34 PM

i had so much trouble with BG 3.0s double stuffed at night. they constantly leaked on me. i have had the most luck with all natural AIOs, sometimes i lay a doubler on top, sometimes i don't. my favorites for night time are sposoeasy AIOs cotton or hemp and grovia AIOs, i always use one of their boosters for night. very few leaks. good luck!