Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Any experience with GroVia diaper covers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169602)

yellowdog 03-03-2011 08:15 AM

Any experience with GroVia diaper covers?

Like I really need to find another cover that I'm interested in trying out, especially since I have four months until LO arrives! :banghead:

Any thoughts on GroVia's diaper cover? I'll be using it mostly with prefolds but a few fitteds will be thrown in as well. And I know not to expect a OS to have a good fit in the beginning. I've already got some smaller covers in my stash.

I've got a $10 off Amazon code staring at me but too many things I'd like to spend it on!

lullaby80 03-03-2011 08:20 AM

Re: Any experience with GroVia diaper covers?

We have one GroBaby aplix cover (the previous version of GroVia) and I LOVE it! So incredibly trim. We use it with padfolded flats and disposable inserts. Not sure how long it will fit but while it lasts, it will get used a lot. :) HTH

QHoneyB 03-03-2011 08:25 AM

The cover is part of an AI2 system, so it's not as full coverage as regular covers. It is best for it's snap in soakers, trifolded prefolds, or something similar. I've seen photos of it working over fastened prefolds but that was when the baby was quite little. I only used them when my daughter was older and no way could I have fit them over a fitted diaper.

yellowdog 03-03-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QHoneyB (Post 12418712)
The cover is part of an AI2 system, so it's not as full coverage as regular covers. It is best for it's snap in soakers, trifolded prefolds, or something similar. I've seen photos of it working over fastened prefolds but that was when the baby was quite little. I only used them when my daughter was older and no way could I have fit them over a fitted diaper.

Thanks for this info! It's the prints that are really attracting me to this cover. I may have to reconsider if they won't work quite as well over prefolds and fitteds.

Len27 03-03-2011 10:07 AM

This cover is my absolute FAVOURITE for trifolding. I like trifolded prefolds in it better than the actual snap-in inserts. Because it's so trim the prefold absolutely doesn't move in it, it's brilliant.

yellowdog 03-03-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len27 (Post 12419657)
This cover is my absolute FAVOURITE for trifolding. I like trifolded prefolds in it better than the actual snap-in inserts. Because it's so trim the prefold absolutely doesn't move in it, it's brilliant.

How old and big is the baby/toddler you're using these on? I'm a bit concerned about just trifolding in the beginning and containing EBF explosions.

2peanuts1pumpkin 03-03-2011 10:51 AM

I just got a couple of these to use with prefolds and flip inserts, and I LOVE them!!! No leaks at nap time at all! I am able to get them over a snappied prefold, if I really roll the prefold in at the legs. My boys are around 17-18 lbs, and skinny. HTH

jenny3AZbabies 03-03-2011 11:00 AM

I love mine, I can get them over a snappied prefolds and trifolded prefolds as well. My son is 21 pounds, 9.5 mos and is in the middle snap setting. Here is a pic, it is either the snap in insert or a snappied prefold :)
[IMG]http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...db4ffbb6ed.jpg[/IMG]

yellowdog 03-03-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2peanuts1pumpkin (Post 12420003)
I just got a couple of these to use with prefolds and flip inserts, and I LOVE them!!! No leaks at nap time at all! I am able to get them over a snappied prefold, if I really roll the prefold in at the legs. My boys are around 17-18 lbs, and skinny. HTH

Yes, that definitely does help. I think I'll try one out and see what I think. I can always put it on FSOT if it doesn't work. :mrgreen:

jenny3AZbabies - Thanks for the photo! I told you it has been hard to stay within budget while having a CD addiction. :smiley_haha: