Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does your baby sleep on back or belly? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11706)

CMamma 06-05-2006 07:42 AM

Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
Just wondering... I know they're supposed to be "back to sleep" but sometimes I wonder if the frequent waking isn't b/c he's more comfy on his belly. I put him on his back to sleep & he fidgets and stuff... I put him on his belly the other night & he just settled down right away... but of course in the back of my mind I'm scared since belly is a no-no... then again I'm alive & back then it was tummy to sleep.

4kidzmom 06-05-2006 07:57 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
Before we new about co-sleeping my first born slept on his stomach. He would wake up screaming as soon as we would lay him on his back.

CMamma 06-05-2006 07:59 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4kidzmom
Before we new about co-sleeping my first born slept on his stomach. He would wake up screaming as soon as we would lay him on his back.

We cosleep too... but DH doesn't call it that. He calls it "Just let him sleep with us so we all get a good night's sleep" LOL :)

I worry about it though even though he's right there with me.

LuAnn 06-05-2006 08:08 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
whichever way we could get ds to sleep is how he slept wether it was on his back or tummy. because after 3 months he slept better by himself. Now at 13 months he sleeps however he wants
LuAnn

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 06-05-2006 08:11 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
we co sleep, and he sleeps on his back, I couldn't take the chance of putting him on his tummy, he gets tummy time during the day, supervised of course

bfoster2000 06-05-2006 09:45 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
DJ's always been a tummy sleeper. Even as a newborn he would scream and scream on his back and calm right down as soon as we put him on his tummy. I worried about it some and I'm always afraid to admit it to anyone, but you do what works. The day he was born, he was able to push the whole front part of his body up off the floor/bed/whatever, never had any problems turning his head from side to side, and he was rolling from his tummy to his back at about 4 weeks old so I figured he wasn't going to get into a situation he couldn't get out of.

CMamma 06-05-2006 09:46 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoster2000
DJ's always been a tummy sleeper. Even as a newborn he would scream and scream on his back and calm right down as soon as we put him on his tummy. I worried about it some and I'm always afraid to admit it to anyone, but you do what works. The day he was born, he was able to push the whole front part of his body up off the floor/bed/whatever, never had any problems turning his head from side to side, and he was rolling from his tummy to his back at about 4 weeks old so I figured he wasn't going to get into a situation he couldn't get out of.

Wow what a superman!

FitMommyOf2 06-05-2006 10:48 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
Mason sleeps on his belly ever since he was 3 months old! Yes, I know, it's considered a 'no no', but he wouldn't sleep on his back or side at that age anymore and unless I'd have 'pinned' him down somehow, he always flipped onto the tummy and was sound asleep!
We bought the Angelcare monitor and with that I felt rather safe; especially since he had a good head/neck control at that time already.

CMamma 06-05-2006 10:50 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2
We bought the Angelcare monitor and with that I felt rather safe; especially since he had a good head/neck control at that time already.

What's that?

FitMommyOf2 06-05-2006 10:53 AM

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?
 
It's a monitor that comes with a kinda flat 'plate' that you put under the matress and it's sensor is for breathing and movement. After 20 seconds of no movement or no breathing, the alarm goes off!
I'll google it for ya! BRB!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors