Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   how early was your preemie,and when did they hit milestones? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171943)

howmanykids 03-07-2011 05:37 AM

how early was your preemie,and when did they hit milestones?

Again, just curious.
Maggie was 34 weeks
she's 5 months now (actual) , and is smiling, laughing, grasping things.
NO rolling.
anyone else want to play?

Chagen 03-07-2011 09:11 AM

Re: how early was your preemie,and when did they hit milestones?

Sure. :goodvibes:

Ash was a 32 weeker
He is now 9 months and 1 day- 7 m 1 d adjusted.
He is sitting up really well, can do so solo but still loses balance and flops over after 30 seconds to 5 minutes. He is working really hard on getting those knees under him and can push up onto his hands but not both at once. Somehow manages to wiggle to me across the floor?? Rolls over and likes to stand a lot. His is just started doing the pincer grasp. Now, I have no idea where he stands on his milestones. I have never paid much attention to them. :blush:

BooneNicuMama 03-09-2011 02:54 PM

My lil Savanna was a 25week, and is now 14.5 months, 11 months adjusted.

She started crawling around 8months ( SUPER proud mommy :) ) and she refused to eat baby food for the most part, but she adores her table foods she's allowed to eat now. :)

She couldn't sit unaided until after she was well into crawling, how odd is that?

Grace was my charming little 31 weeker, 4.5 months old, 2.5 months adjusted.

She rolled over on the 7th! (( my b-day, supper happy mommy!)) and is already trying out syllables, I think we might be talking within the next month! She giggles and smiles, and cooes, won't reach for anything but my hair yet, but she likes to hold both little fists close to her bottle.

So, early/right on track if we go off the adjusted ages, and a smig late if we go off actual age.

mommyria2 03-09-2011 06:59 PM

Nate was 33 weeks, 5.5mo actual. No rolling either but he's trying very hard to sit up. I really think he's going to walk before he rolls over.

MySonsClothBum 03-09-2011 09:07 PM

DS was 33w0d.
sat up around 8 months, crawled around 9 months, rolled front to back 8 weeks, rolled back to front 8 months i think....walked around 15-16 months.
he is a bright, healthy, happy, talkative almost 27month old now :) :) :)

momma4of6 03-10-2011 02:44 PM

28 weeks 5 days

he started crawling this week (at 11 months)

sitting up on his own 8 months

his first laugh was the day before we left the nicu (my hair tickled his face, and he made a full out giggle) he was 7 weeks

started eating baby food at 9 months (still not really there yet tho)

cut his first tooth at 5 months

AcrossTheUniverse 03-10-2011 02:59 PM

Elias was 34w4d. He is now 8 months old, 7 months adjusted.

He can sit up for short periods of time & roll over, although these are things he just started doing within the past month. He is just starting to hold his own bottle.

He is nowhere near crawling or walking. We'll see when he starts to get more mobile.

He doesn't like babyfood, I have tried a few times. And, I don't remember exactly when he started to smile and track but I think it was around 3 months old (actual).

mommy2five&counting 03-11-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooneNicuMama (Post 12468137)
She couldn't sit unaided until after she was well into crawling, how odd is that?

My full term babies couldn't do that :)

BooneNicuMama 03-11-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2five&counting (Post 12486042)
My full term babies couldn't do that :)

I attribute it all to her half sisters, her physical therapist, and her for being a very determined little one :)

destinycb1 03-11-2011 06:24 PM

28 weeks he is now 7 months

He laughs, can roll a few steps backwards sitting in his walker , can roll from front to back but not back to front

Just a few things but definatley still a big deal to us