Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   question? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172627)

MamaNeeNee 03-08-2011 01:13 AM

question?

Just had sex and stopped in the middle. We noticed I was bleeding, it was bright red. It seems like I may be losing my mucus plug? Is the blood supposed to be bright red a long with it? By the way I am 2 days past my due date...I'm not getting any contractions just the blood. Now I'm in a pissed off mood because my bf decided to get in the shower rather than finish ...I was thinking if we decided to carry on maybe it would induce me. Anyway, bright red blood with no contractions, normal??

happymommyandwife 03-08-2011 01:45 AM

Re: question?

Head to the doctor! Any time you are bleeding, you should consult your Dr immediately!

MamaCaroline 03-08-2011 02:16 AM

At least call. Especially so close to delivery, it's a good idea to call.

Skittle 03-08-2011 06:02 AM

Oh mama :giggle::hugs: I can't help but giggle at the "I'm in a pissed off mood because my bf decided to get in the shower rather than finish". I'm sorry....

How much blood are we talking about? Is it more spotting or menstrual-like blood? Whenever you are unsure, contact your provider.

Could it be that you were being little rough and it irritated you?

Kriket 03-08-2011 09:01 AM

at least call!

If it was just spotting, that's normal, sex caused me to spot a couple times. BUT I have a rule *blood from an orifice= trip to the Dr* no exceptions, cough it up, pee it out, ears, eyes, etc all reason to see a Dr.

I think as women we forget this because menstruation is blood colored, but it's not really bleeding KWIM? If you are BLEEDING you need to have things looked at! ;)

ericamichelle 03-08-2011 09:54 AM

I had bleeding, period-like, when I went into labor with my second. Turns out the his placenta had partially abrupted. He was born healthy 8 hours later.

I'd get it checked out.

minneapolismelissa 03-08-2011 01:25 PM

Definitely need to check in with your Dr. At least call and see what they want you to do.

2boysmama 03-08-2011 02:06 PM

update? I love that your bf gets in the shower and you get on DS...ha ha! I hope things are ok for you and the baby...I'd love an update!

MamaNeeNee 03-10-2011 11:17 PM

I know he totally freaked out too when he saw it. I'm like wow you're gonna be like this when I go into labor finally aren't you?? Haha! Update: I'm still preggo. 5 days past my due date. Haven't had bleeding since. It only happened right after, but it WAS quite a bit. Which was scary, but it stopped. Not even enough for a pad...I called Kaiser and they said it was normal after sex, even if it is bright red, as long as you aren't soaking through a pad within an hour. Got ahold of my doula finally too, and she said it was normal. My cervix is prob just really sensitive and irritated. The baby seems to be fine in there...hopefully she'll be arriving soon!

ericamichelle 03-11-2011 12:09 AM

Glad everything seems to be ok. :)