Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   17 weeks and not feeling baby ??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173646)

kellyann6212003 03-09-2011 03:32 PM

17 weeks and not feeling baby ???

this is number 5 i know what it feels like

i was 25lbs heavier when this preg started so is that the problem

i have felt a few things i was like was that it but by now i felt all of my LO's :headscratch:

KnPsMama 03-09-2011 03:40 PM

Re: 17 weeks and not feeling baby ???

Most likely, it's just that your placenta is in the front this time. That can hide the movements for quite a while. :) I felt our first at 18 weeks and this one at 14 weeks but didn't feel our middle daughter moving at all until 22 weeks because the placenta was anterior (implanted right behind the belly button) and was hiding all her wiggles. Being heavier this time makes you likely to feel baby a little later too. No need to worry but if it would make you feel better you can always call your midwife or doctor and ask to come in for a quick heartbeat check just to reassure you.

tedcgh 03-09-2011 03:45 PM

My last pregnancy my placenta was in the front and I didn't feel DS move until 22 weeks. Plus he was more of a flipper and stretcher than a kicker so his movements were way different.

bigmamakelsey 03-09-2011 03:48 PM

I didn't feel DS move until 18w 5d. He was my first, though.

northknoxmomma 03-09-2011 03:49 PM

I agree w/ pp's, I have an anterior placenta this time and didn't feel movement till around 20wks... it kept me a little nervous, but now he is crazy in there!!!

ThreadsThatBind 03-09-2011 04:30 PM

I didn't feel dd2 until I was 19 weeks. I felt dd1 was I was 14 weeks...so needless to say I was very worried for those 5 addition weeks! Hope your lo starts making big movements for you soon!

smblake 03-09-2011 06:39 PM

I am nearly 16 weeks with dc#3 and have felt nothing yet, I have an anterior placenta as well.

I didn't feel ds1 until just before 18 weeks, I also had an anterior placenta with him.

With ds2, I felt him around 15.5 weeks, but no anterior placenta.

I knew I would be stressed out for the next month or so with this lo, so I actually rented a doppler :blush:, it has brought me great comfort.

kutie.pie 03-09-2011 07:55 PM

It's just how the placenta is sitting. I fely my DS at 14 weeks, but I didn't feel this one until about 18 weeks. I understand you're feeling anxious, and I was the same way, feeling maybe something here and there, but nothing distinguishable. I'm sure your LO will give you a big kick one of these days and help put your worries to rest. :)

badhayrday 03-10-2011 09:00 AM

With #1 I felt him at 14wks but with #2 I was heavier and I didn't feel her really well so that I knew that's what it was until about 19wk. Also depending on where your placenta is plays a big part in how soon and how well you will feel him/her:)