Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   # of diapers you have compared to # you use. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117545)

Mamma Christi 03-22-2007 09:42 AM

# of diapers you have compared to # you use.

I've been reading over the posts where people say how many diapers they have and the posts where people know they have too many diapers. Everyone always mentions the diapers they have in rotation and how some of their diapers almost never get worn.

Does anyone here use all of their diapers pretty regularly? Right now I have about 25, soon to be closer to 35 (not including the medium stash I'm building up) and I use them all basically the same amount. The cute ones, the not as cute ones...I use them all. Sure, I have my favorites but I never choose any more often than others. Am I the only one that does this?

So about how many diapers do you think you have compared to how many are in rotation. Do you only use 1/2 of them? 1/3? 3/4?

Kiddo353 03-22-2007 09:47 AM

Re: # of diapers you have compared to # you use.

Actually....to me it SOUNDS like I have a TON of diapers....but I am realizing that if I don't wash EVERY night...I run out of diapers before the end of the next day between both girls they run through them pretty quick. Can't wait to get all my fluffy mail coming in so I don't wear out my dipes by washing EVERY night!

bug2003 03-22-2007 09:47 AM

The only diapers I'm not currently using that are in my stash are my prefolds. I rotate eveything so that everything gets used and washed. I have a large enough stash that I still have a couple days worth left when I wash diapers. The freshly washed diapers go in the back of the rotation. I LOVE every diaper I own. Any diaper I didn't love, went away on FSOT.

Mamma Christi 03-22-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddo353 (Post 860788)
Actually....to me it SOUNDS like I have a TON of diapers....but I am realizing that if I don't wash EVERY night...I run out of diapers before the end of the next day between both girls they run through them pretty quick. Can't wait to get all my fluffy mail coming in so I don't wear out my dipes by washing EVERY night!

How many do you have?
My other thing is that I hang dry my diapers so I can't just constantly reuse my favorite ones lol

Catrinau 03-22-2007 09:53 AM

I use 95% of my stash regularly. The other 5% are just really awful diapers and I should really get rid of them. I have them there in case of emergency, though and I'm not sure if I wanna get rid of them for that reason.

Bumstoppers 03-22-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyratekk (Post 860809)
How many do you have?
My other thing is that I hang dry my diapers so I can't just constantly reuse my favorite ones lol

This is exactely my problem:lostit:

course I have a tendancy to get addicted to anything that I love-scrapbooking, sewing, gymboree list goes on and one so I'm trying really hard to keep it in check :blush:

stella072 03-22-2007 09:54 AM

if I notice that I'm not using something as often as the others I sell it. I pretty much rotate thru the whole stash each time.

CTH3989 03-22-2007 09:54 AM

I have 20 diapers and I use them all.

Chelci

presleycaedmon 03-22-2007 09:56 AM

I have 19 diapers (13 bg 2.o and 6 fuzzi fannies) and they all get used the exact same amount. I wash every other day and hang dry the pockets.

cotton_jmb 03-22-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyratekk (Post 860777)
I've been reading over the posts where people say how many diapers they have and the posts where people know they have too many diapers. Everyone always mentions the diapers they have in rotation and how some of their diapers almost never get worn.

Does anyone here use all of their diapers pretty regularly? Right now I have about 25, soon to be closer to 35 (not including the medium stash I'm building up) and I use them all basically the same amount. The cute ones, the not as cute ones...I use them all. Sure, I have my favorites but I never choose any more often than others. Am I the only one that does this?

So about how many diapers do you think you have compared to how many are in rotation. Do you only use 1/2 of them? 1/3? 3/4?

:interesting: We keep 22 toddler prefolds and 10 fitteds in his rotation. I love using the fitteds with his wool shorties the best. We keep 3 Soaker/Shorties and usually 5 Covers for his size in rotation! It works out for us. I've been thinning the stash down as he's nearing potty training. :thumbsup: So we are pretty much using them all in rotation! Love them all! :mrgreen: