Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Where do you buy your office clothes?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1176163)

kocho 03-13-2011 07:09 PM

Where do you buy your office clothes??

The office where I will be working is business casual. I was able to find some nice things at TJ Maxx. Then I bought more dress pants at the Goodwill. I know I will need more things as the seasons change. Where do you get your work clothes?? I need them to be affordable and durable so they hold up. I like a few fun/trendy things, but mostly classic so they stand the test of time.

wlillie 03-13-2011 08:12 PM

Re: Where do you buy your office clothes??

Old Navy. I wear a uniform now, but I used to get all of my clothes for work there when their 30% off coupons came in the mail. Still have one pair of khakis I bought 10 years ago. Good luck!

luvsviola 03-13-2011 09:51 PM

I buy some from Stein Mart, some from Ann Taylor Loft.

I wear black pants and different tops most of the winter.

kocho 03-13-2011 10:09 PM

Thanks for the replies ladies!!

I should check out Old Navy. But it's a 1/2 half hour away and I have jury duty this week. lol Too bad I don't trust DH to buy me clothes. He works at that mall.

I feel like I've been wearing the same few pairs of dress pants all winter. That's why I was so desperate to get some new things.

I have a bunch of dresses I can wear once it warms up. But I'll have to wait and see if others wear dresses or not. I will get a lab coat to wear, but maybe not until after my 3 month probation. I'm not real sure on that.

wlillie 03-14-2011 05:56 AM

I'd shop online and give him a list with sizes. Then you can try the stuff on at home at your leisure and if they don't work out, he can return them...:)

keonli 03-14-2011 06:35 AM

I love JCP for clothes. They have awesome sales and clearances and coupons! Their customer service is also really great. I called once because I was between sizes and worried a certain pair of pants wouldn't fit, but they were perfect...after a week or two of exercising.

lana2827 03-14-2011 07:16 AM

Have you tried Kohls? They have an awesome return policy as well!

Lovinmama3 03-14-2011 08:40 AM

My three top stores for dress clothes are Kohls, Old Navy and JCPenneys.

kocho 03-14-2011 12:38 PM

Dang, I was just at Penneys last night for bras. I wish I would have checked out the clearance clothes. But since we left DH and FIL home with three kids, we were trying to rush.

We have a Kohls half an hour away. I never go there, but my sister always got great deals there. I loved it when she worked there, since she used to get great deals on clothes for my kids. I may have to take a trip over there.

MrsKMid 03-18-2011 11:45 AM

I have to dress business conservative for work so I get some of my clothes at LOFT or BR but my number one place is the outlet malls. I tend to go at the end of season when they have the big sales to get the suits and tops i will need for work.