Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What vitamins or supplements are you taking (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177769)

Ashleah143 03-16-2011 06:50 AM

What vitamins or supplements are you taking

And why?

rachelmaria 03-16-2011 07:22 AM

Re: What vitamins or supplements are you taking

My dad is a total healthnut, so I've been taking vitamins for as long as I can remember, starting with chewable Flintstone vitamins. Haha!

Current Daily Vits (in order of importance to me):
B COMPLEX- I'm a vegetarian, and most sources of B vitamin is found in meat, so I must supplement my diet.
PROBIOTIC - because I'm so fortunately prone to yeast infections ;)
ALIVE MULTIVITAMIN WITH IRON - I really like Alive because it is a whole food multivitamin. This means that the vitamins and minerals are not chemicals created in a lab, but instead are actually derived from food sources all mushed up. There are other brands, but this one is a little less pricey. :thumbsup: (Also, if a man is taking a multivitamin, he should get the one WITHOUT iron.)
CALCIUM W/ D3 - Calcium because I'm a lady and D3 because I live up north, which means my body is not getting the sun it needs.

Occasionally, like when I had thrush, or feel sick (not barfy sick, but like coldy/immune system sick), grapefruit seed extract is excellent. As is colloidal silver.

blane,j,&morgansmom 03-16-2011 07:54 AM

I take a probiotic as I have occasional yeast issues as well.
I also take hydroxycut to aid in my weightloss.
And calcium and a prenatal vit. (not preggers, just a great vitamin!)

AmandaMacK 03-16-2011 08:02 AM

I take Women's Ultra Mega Active from GNC. It's a box with 30 pre-measured packets in it. Im always so tired and sleeping alot of the day while kids are in school so decided to try this, after first day i was wide awake, had energy and wasn't jittery at all, I love it.

It's 7 pills chopped full of vitamins, calcium, L-Carnitine and extracts. Theres ALOT to list thats all in these supplemnts, but should definitely check it out.

CherryPie 03-17-2011 08:14 PM

I use these women's vitamins by Rainbow Lite.

I like them and they are gelatin-free :) http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categori...3-293bef1ee8fa

jmcdonald 04-05-2011 04:07 PM

I love the brand new Go (Gene Optimizing) pack from Havvn! They are all natural and packed full of so many wonderful things. Absolutely amazing product!

Charitys*Creations 04-05-2011 04:18 PM

I take:
B-complex liquid under tongue. Help with energy and matabolism
D-3 6000 IU's daily. I have SAD and live in MN
Ultra woman's 50 plus. Has no iron.
Fish oil
Vit C

katie-momto4 04-09-2011 09:43 PM

I love my supplements so of course I have to post here =) I take them for all around good health but my worst symptoms of poor diet are anxiety, depression, and PMS (only irritability).

I love AlkaGreen Barley powder from Morter Health Systems LOVE It gives me tons of energy and after taking it for 3 months I stopped chewing my nails and I was a life long nail biter. However AlkaGreen and Trace Minerals alone does not get rid of the PMS/irritability for me.

I also take Melaleuca Oligo vitamins for women + the strong teeth and bones. These are just fundamental vitamins to eliminate PMS.

I also take high potency fish oil 2x per day.

I have also used the pharmaceutical grade vitamins from Women to Women and those were very good as well.

mamayogibear 04-20-2011 09:01 PM

I love jarrow naturals and solaray. I take NAC, vit D, Bcomplex, multivitamin, milk thistle, spirulina, triphala and flax oil. I also drink nettle, alfalfa and red raspberry tea.
I want to try cell salts like bioplasm but haven't done that yet.

maieranne 04-25-2011 03:31 PM

I am taking Shaklee Vita-Lea plain ol' multi. I have a pretty good diet and take this to just fill in the gaps some days if I don't eat to many veggies or whatever.....