Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1180439)

KatieGrace 03-20-2011 06:51 PM

If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

Please share your POSITIVE story to help encourage me! I have a 3yr old daughter, and had a miscarriage this past Sept/Oct. It was very hard for me, but I know that miscarriages are common and most women go on to have a healthy baby, so I have really tried to get past it and stay positive. I, however, am a glass half empty kind of person (one thing I hate about myself:blush: ) so it's very easy for me to let the negative thoughts take over. I'd LOVE to hear about your happy endings to help give me some encouragement. PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT post anything negative, pretty please. I am hoping that hearing some good things will help me take my mind off of all the worries I am already feeling as we start to try again. Thanks so much, mamas!! :goodvibes::goodvibes:

tasundance 03-20-2011 06:56 PM

Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

cant type a lot cause im nursing but...

i had 3 great pregnancies and 3 great births followed by 2 losses after 2 ivf procedures(i was a gestational surrogate) after those 2 losses i had 2 losses of my own. so in 2008 i had a total of 4 miscarriages and 2 d&c's. 2 of the losses were after 12 weeks.

i went on to delivery my own baby in 2009 and again 4 weeks ago today.
the one thing that helped me through my pregnancies after loss was a fetal doppler. i used that thing every single day.

jac1976 03-20-2011 07:00 PM

Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

I had a miscarriage before each of my full term pregnancies. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks. An u/s at 7.5 weeks showed a healthy baby and good heartbeat. One month later it was gone. I miscarried naturally and denied any genetic testing on the baby's remains. A few months later I found out I was pregnant again, and though it was a nerve wracking 9 months, my son was born and is now a happy and healthy almost-6 year old!

A few years later I got pregnant again, and knew from the start that something was wrong. I didn't get a BFP until almost a week after AF was due, and then it never got very dark. About a week or two later, I started to spot and I knew it was over. Once again, I miscarried naturally, but it was a long and emotionally draining process. A few months after that, I was again happily surprised by another BFP. That BFP resulted in my 3 year old DD.

I remember feeling the way you do after my m/c. It was hard to try again and I remember telling the doc I didn't know if I could handle it. But it was worth it as if I didn't keep trying I wouldn't have my two beautiful children.

*Amy* 03-20-2011 07:01 PM

I had one healthy pregnancy followed by two miscarriages back to back. I have had a very rough pregnancy with this one but it is NOT related to the miscarriages in any way. I almost didn't post because you didn't want to hear anything negative but as I said my pregnancy issues are MY issues, not so much baby issues. :) I have not delivered yet and despite pre-term labor since 24 weeks I am currently over 33 weeks and our baby is 4 1/2 pounds and looking PERFECT.

Miscarriages can be very difficult both mentally and physically but you already have one healthy baby so the chances that you can do it again are very very very good. :) That is how I had to look at it, and it's working out just fine now.

momofdestructobaby 03-20-2011 07:04 PM

I had an 11 week miscarriage in my first pregnancy. I went on to have a healthy DD who is now nearly 4. I then had what I believe was an early miscarriage (6 weeks) and concieved DD2 about 3 months later. She is now a healthy 17 month old.

Good luck and baby dust mama :D

MamaSarahMay 03-20-2011 07:05 PM

I am so sorry for you loss Mama. :hugs:

I had my son in September 2007. When we decided to try again we had two back to back losses. The first being in Oct 09 and then July 2010. It was so difficult, but we got pregnant again August 2010 and I am now 32 weeks pregnant and he is very healthy.

I know it can be hard to want to try again when you are so scared, but if you ever need to talk please feel free to pm me Mama :)

s2grace 03-20-2011 07:08 PM

I got pregnant with DD right away and then had a miscarriage. We tried to get pregnant after that for almost a year and I drove myself (and my husband!) crazy with trying. That pregnancy was perfect and my DS is 6 months old. It's so hard but I believe in God and that He is good and has a plan for each of us and that helped a lot. :)

KatieGrace 03-20-2011 07:23 PM

Thank you ladies SO much. :hugs: These stories are so wonderful to hear. It really does help to know that I'm not alone and that there can be hope for me, too. Although, I am terrified of having another m/c. Hopefully this time will go well for me.

mommyto2girls 03-20-2011 07:42 PM

after my ODD I had a miscarriage the first month we started trying, we didn't wait long to try again and I honestly didn't think we'd get prego that cycle...(timing was off and was only with DH during that off timing)

anyways I went on to have a 9 lbs 5 oz baby girl at 38 weeks prego:thumbsup:

anyways good luck and I hope this next try sticks for you, the fears are the worst...and I STILL had them when I got prego this last time

:hugs:

findingstrength 03-20-2011 08:12 PM

I have had 4 babies and 4 miscarriages. Between baby 2 and 3 I had 2 miscarriages....and I was so low. I worked at a maternity store. I had a lady come in to buy nursing bras and brought her new little son. We started to talk, and I said I was actually in the process of miscarrying a very much wanted baby. And that I didn't think I'd ever get pregnant again. She told me she miscarried 4 times before this, her FIRST child. I was in awe. And she told me that a woman she didn't know told her not to worry her time would come, and she was now telling me. And now I'm telling you. :hugs: