Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is this a good size Small stash? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118080)

shannong 03-23-2007 07:12 AM

Is this a good size Small stash?

Hi!

I am pretty new to CDing and I have NEVER CDed an infant. I am due in June. I plan on using mainly sposies till he is in size small. I think it will be easier.

This is what I have so far....

6 BG bamboo fitteds
2 ME OS with snap in liners
4 ME Sandy's size Small w/3 liners --Do these REALLY fit like a small?
1 FB with hemp insert

Prefolds

1 Dozen premie IPF to manily use as inserts/doublers
1 Dozen Regular IPF to use as inserts for big brother or as a diper in a pinch
6 CPF infant size to be used in a pinch as diapers or burp clothers or inserts etc.

Covers

1 whisper pant
2 Dappi covers
1 ME Air flow
2 BSWW

Newborn (because the smalls looked HUGE)

3 ME Air flow covers
2 Dappi pants

is this a good amount? shoudl I add more? Do I have to much? help!

Shannon

Mamma Christi 03-23-2007 07:21 AM

Re: Is this a good size Small stash?

Quote:

I plan on using mainly sposies till he is in size small. I think it will be easier.
That is basically what I did because the NB diapers we got didn't fit him well and I didn't have any good prefolds...we held off until two months.

As for the stash, my question is - how often do you want to wash?

shannong 03-23-2007 08:14 AM

well, right now I wash about every 2 days or so with my 2 yr old. I would like to wash every 2 days or so. I really don't want to do MORE diaper laundary than I have to with a newborn.

Shannon

kristini2 03-23-2007 09:52 AM

I think if you don't want to use your prefolds as diapers you need more dipes. It looks like you have a baker's dozen plus the prefolds. My little ones went through about a dozen diapers + a day in size small so you'll be washing every day and may not even have enough to make it through a day some days...keep in mind I change a diaper as soon as I know it's wet so ymmv. If you want to use the prefolds you're getting closer to "enough". DD2 grew fast so for a whilel I had 18 small diapers for her. I was washing every 24-36 hours and always felt like we were running out. 24 dipes would have been better for me. Maybe get 5 more things you want to use as diapers and/or plan on using the prefolds pretty heavily. JMHO.

aept 03-23-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristini2 (Post 865382)
I think if you don't want to use your prefolds as diapers you need more dipes. It looks like you have a baker's dozen plus the prefolds. My little ones went through about a dozen diapers + a day in size small so you'll be washing every day and may not even have enough to make it through a day some days...keep in mind I change a diaper as soon as I know it's wet so ymmv. If you want to use the prefolds you're getting closer to "enough". DD2 grew fast so for a whilel I had 18 small diapers for her. I was washing every 24-36 hours and always felt like we were running out. 24 dipes would have been better for me. Maybe get 5 more things you want to use as diapers and/or plan on using the prefolds pretty heavily. JMHO.

I totally agree!
My ds went through at least 10-12 diapers per day at that age (actually, often he still does!) If you are going to use infant prefolds trifolded or snappied in some of your covers then you will probably be OK - otherwise, plan on getting some more - either get more fitteds to use under your covers, or get some more pockets (which could be stuffed with your pfs)

rowynne 03-23-2007 11:37 AM

I'm trying to make sure I have 12 diapers per day in size small (wear 2 days worth, wash the 3rd day), but I also have some newborn sized diapers because the smalls look BIG & my kids have all been under 7lbs (never hit 11-12lbs till 4mos!)

shannong 03-23-2007 02:35 PM

I think if I was going to add a few more, I would get some BG AIO size small and maybe 1 dozen infant prefolds. I am note sure though. If I was to get more prefolds to put in covers etc. what brand do you reccamend? I have 6 cotton babies CPF and the premie and the regular IPF are little lions.

Shannon

shannong 03-23-2007 03:34 PM

I forgot! I also have 2 Nanas bottoms AIOs coming size small

shannong 03-23-2007 03:54 PM

bump!

4boys1girlforme 03-23-2007 05:08 PM

If you are thinking about prefolds- I would get orange edge newborn prefolds.
http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/prefolds.htm
Keep in mind that I've never cd ed a newborn before- I'm kind of sharing my plans. I think these pf's can be pin/snappied on tiny newborns for the explosive bf poo and then trifolded and put in a nb bsww when/if that slows down.:giggle:
GL!:thumbsup: