Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How did you tell? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181380)

doxiegal 03-22-2011 08:43 AM

How did you tell?

When you found out you were pregnant, how did you tell dh? I'm starting to think of a way to tell dh if I get a bfp this cycle. With DS, I attacked DH. I woke up at like 5:00am, couldn't sleep, tested, then with the bfp in hand jump on the bed yelling at him. :giggle: He didn't like that one all too well. With DD, I got a bfp on dh's bday (while he was at work) so I put the digital test in a gift bag...digital so there was no "what's this?". Also, how's you tell the grandparents? DS- I showed them the test...DD- I got DS a "big brother in training" shirt.

andyoly82 03-22-2011 07:15 PM

Well I haven't gotten a BFP yet but my plan is to surprise DH at work. My DH is an army medic that works in the on post hospital. With DS hubby was stationed in Korea so I could only tell him by text. I couldn't wait 12 hrs until he got off work to call :giggle:) this time I plan on taking my blood test from the hospital up to his floor and have the receptionist announce it over head :)

jackyl08 03-22-2011 07:23 PM

Re: How did you tell?

With DD, I just blurted it out. He had been out of town and I was unpacking from our move. I had found an unused HPT in a box and decided, WTHeck, I'll pee on it! Imagine my surprise when it immediately popped up with two lines! LOL!

With this one, I had told him I was late, like five days late. I took the test and then went, "oh, jeez, we did it again...". We even planned it and I was still taken off guard! LOL!

SchatziB 03-22-2011 07:35 PM

We spent 5 years trying for DD and I had all kinds of ideas worked up. :) But both round now I'm a blurter! My heart races the second that line shows up and all grace goes out the window.

jennym91005 03-22-2011 07:36 PM

with my son: i got home from work in the am. took a test and called him into the bathroom. i must have sounded freaked b/c he thought he was in trouble, lol

with my daughter: we got home from gymboree and i took my hundreth test. it was such a light BFP that i kinda ran around like a nutcase looking at it in all kinds of light. i guess i kinda freak whe i test positive, lol

greek4 03-22-2011 07:45 PM

With my current pregnancy I took a picture of the positive test. I then put the picture in a digital folder on the computer with cute pictures I had taken of the older kids that day. I told DH to check out the pictures I had taken that day and he did. He flipped through them and came to the test picture and just looked at me.

ktktbird 03-25-2011 12:39 PM

I *looove* telling dh we are preggo!! With our first I wrapped our positive stick in a box and put it on the entry rug for when he got home from work. He was really confused... I don't think he'd ever seen one before. :giggle:
With our second I ran over to babys r us and got a "big brother" shirt, but they only had one that was about 2 sizes too big. Then I went to lunch with him at work and he was confused again and thought it was a hand-me-down because it was sooo big :giggle2:. With this one I drew a pic on a shirt of a quiver with three arrows in it, blue, pink and yellow. The day I got the positive I gave it to him.
I always have to do it the day-of bc I am just bursting with the news! I can't keep it from my friends, either!
If we have another one (probably not, but you never know...) I think I'm going to put a bun in the oven and ask him to check it :) I guess I like to be confusing in my way of telling him! He really likes it, though. He's always super excited :)

Sarahknavy 03-25-2011 02:28 PM

I just hugged him and said "well... hey... we need to go to the hospital before noon." He threw his head back and laughed cause he saw the test box on the table.

We did a shirt on cafepress that said "gestating" to tell our closest friends. I liked that idea the most.

hilaryisinked 03-25-2011 03:04 PM

We were standing over the pregnancy test so we saw it at the same time. He came home from work with tests, I took it, we saw a + forming but left the room and waited a few minutes. Our power went out because it was storming so we were huddled together in the bathroom holding a flashlight over the test when we saw the +. We are TTC now so I'm wondering how I will tell him this next time if I find out in the morning after he went to work.

Scaethach 03-25-2011 07:47 PM

I had DS hand DH the test and say "it's a brother". We were wrong about the gender but the point came across just fine :giggle: