Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/O- more questions for mamas with lots of kiddos. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118437)

4boys1girlforme 03-23-2007 04:56 PM

S/O- more questions for mamas with lots of kiddos.

How big are your houses?
How many bedrooms & bathrooms?
Do DC share bedrooms?
What kind of vehicles do you have to seat everyone?
How much do you spend on groceries a month? For how many?

I know some of these questions may be personal- don't answer what you don't feel comfortable with.:goodvibes:

I'm trying to decide how many children we can reasonably handle and provide for.

rowynne 03-23-2007 05:22 PM

Re: S/O- more questions for mamas with lots of kiddos.

How many do you consider lots??? We have 3 now & are expecting a #4 this fall...to some people that is a lot, to others, its just the beginning, LOL.

How big are your houses? Not sure sq ft because we rent, but we have 1ba, 3bdrm upstairs & lv room, eat in kitchen, foyee (cant spell it) & laundry room down stairs.

How many bedrooms & bathrooms? 3 br, 1 bath

Do DC share bedrooms? 2 older girls share, Sofia & new baby will share after a few weeks

What kind of vehicles do you have to seat everyone? I have a Dodge Grand Caravan, seats 7, dh has a Ford Taurus, seats 5 (possible sixth up front but we never do it)

How much do you spend on groceries a month? For how many? my budget is about $300/mo or less for the 5 of us.

mamabug 03-23-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leahjennings (Post 867513)
How big are your houses?

Our house is 2100 sq ft w/a loft and full finished basement!

How many bedrooms & bathrooms? 5/5
Do DC share bedrooms? No...baby is in our room for now, all others have their own room!

What kind of vehicles do you have to seat everyone? 2 mini vans and a 12 passenger van, oh and a pick-up w/a back seat

How much do you spend on groceries a month? For how many? Not really sure, I'd say about $200/month that is for 7 of us, but baby only gets BM for now!!! YAY!!

I know some of these questions may be personal- don't answer what you don't feel comfortable with.:goodvibes:

I'm trying to decide how many children we can reasonably handle and provide for.

I think it is all up to you and DH, you can handle what you got! I personally feel it is a priority thing, some people's priorities are are material things, ours happen to be our kids!!

rowynne 03-23-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

I personally feel it is a priority thing, some people's priorities are are material things, ours happen to be our kids!!
:yeahthat: Couldnt have said it better myself!

geckoed 03-23-2007 05:49 PM

How big are your houses? our home, on a "tall day" if it fluffs itself nicely is almost 1000sq ft
How many bedrooms & bathrooms?3 bedrooms plus "the nursery" (a tiny walk-through room between our room and the hall)
Do DC share bedrooms? they do- but they would EVEN if I had a 10 bedroom house and 1 bathroom
What kind of vehicles do you have to seat everyone? a minivan, its a tight fit
How much do you spend on groceries a month? For how many? around $200 for 7 of us plus a dog and cat (that includes litter, pet food, toilet paper etc)

ZooCrew10 03-23-2007 06:17 PM

How big are your houses? 1,700 sq. feet, huge living room, dining room, family room and large kitchen
How many bedrooms & bathrooms? 3 bedrooms, two smaller ones are approx 16x18 probably bigger!! (I'm eyeballing) and 2 full bathsDo DC share bedrooms? absolutely, we're like the Army, we have bunk beds galore!!What kind of vehicles do you have to seat everyone? we have two vans, one is a 12 seater, the other a 7 seaterHow much do you spend on groceries a month? varies, depending on how much they eat, can be anywhere from 500 on up . For how many? 9

MelissaCoffey 03-23-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leahjennings (Post 867513)
How big are your houses?
How many bedrooms & bathrooms?
Do DC share bedrooms?
What kind of vehicles do you have to seat everyone?
How much do you spend on groceries a month? For how many?

Our rented house is approx 2,000 square feet.
4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and three living areas (However....we also host a single mom with her three children....on top of my four kiddos, husband and myself and fifth baby on the way and we actually do good in this amount of space...She has her own bathroom and her own very large bedroom that she shares with her two daughters. My husband and I share our room, my two girls share their room, my oldest son and her son share his room and our loft area has the toddler bed and a futon)

We have a small two seater truck and a 15 passenger van LOL No seating arrangment probelms there. We purchased it while we had two foster children with us, making travel anywhere impossible without the big vehicle. We now only use it on weekends, or when I want to go anywhere during the week, but usually I stay home through the week during the days because I am really busy here. We do outings as family on weekends.

Groceries? This is one of big expenses because of how we eat. Lots of healthy stuff, but I'd say around 6-7 hundred per month. But this has been higher due to our houseguests we have been purchasing more and not charging her near enough, which we plan to rectify soon!

Hope that helps!

Teresa 03-23-2007 08:36 PM

I'm blown away by the low grocery budgets. I have one daughter and another on the way, and I probably spend over $100 a month just on produce. How in the world do you all do it for $200?

4boys1girlforme 03-23-2007 08:40 PM

I agree- I was thinking of starting a thread of grocery savings ideas because these moms apparently have it figured out!
I am quite frugal and careful about what I buy and we spend closer to $500 a month for the 5 of us.

evilynmo 03-23-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa (Post 868357)
I'm blown away by the low grocery budgets. I have one daughter and another on the way, and I probably spend over $100 a month just on produce. How in the world do you all do it for $200?

:yeahthat:

I just shop for myself and DD right now b/c DH is deployed and I spend $75 a week. I am amazed! Good job Mommas :thumbsup: