Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   feeling wierd (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1184472)

nicole3567 03-27-2011 04:29 PM

feeling wierd

I had my 33 week apt on wed, Im now 34 week. I had my MW check me because I have been having contractions off and on but not painful and lots of lightning feeling down there. I was 1 cm 70% effaced. So she said looks like we will be having a baby in about 3 weeks. Im kind of worried now that we wont make it that far. I have been taking it east, but 2 kiddos and work. theres only so much I cant do. Im not going to go back to the midwife for 2.5 weeks. I have been having alot of discacharge and a lot less movment and the baby droped some more. Do yall think im just being nerves or should I go to the Midwife to be rechecked. She didnt seem very worried at our apt.

wordmama 03-27-2011 04:34 PM

Re: feeling wierd

Personally, I'd check your own cervix. It's easy to do and doesn't require going anywhere. Mama's intuition is right more than it's wrong and by your siggie I'd venture this isn't your first experience.

nicole3567 03-27-2011 04:41 PM

I tried checking the other day, but im very postuirer. I was induced with my girls so have never felt real labor that wasnt pit induced. I might have DH try when he gets home.

wordmama 03-27-2011 04:47 PM

Well one good thing then is that your cervix generally comes forward when you're in labour. Though that's the norm, not the law.

sugar_crystalz 03-27-2011 06:05 PM

My cervix changes daily- some days I can easily reach it and other days I can't no matter how hard I'd try. If I was you I'd definitely give it a shot, if it doesn't offer any comfort then call for your own peace of mind.

nicole3567 03-27-2011 06:41 PM

Just tried checking and I cant feel anything, I hope DH can do it and not freak out

Zookeeper 03-27-2011 09:25 PM

I think it is never dangerous to listen to your body - if you feel weird, there may be a reason...the worst thing that can happen if you go to your MW again and have her check is that there is no change and you perhaps feel a little silly. I had a day of very little movement from my baby about two weeks ago and it just made me nervous, so I called my MW and she said come on over, always, always, always listen to your body. Fortunately nothing was wrong, but I am glad I called her anyway!

I say trust your Mama instincts and do what you are comfortable with! :hugs: Mama, hopefully everything is just fine!

cowangel 03-28-2011 07:33 AM

I was 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated for the entire last part of my 1st pregnancy and the dr. was convinced I would deliver early, but that baby didn't come out until he was past the 39 week mark so you just never know!

bcb1961 03-28-2011 10:21 AM

I have read that women who have already had one baby will forever have a cervix that is dialated to 1cm.

JennTheMomma 03-28-2011 10:32 AM

The above is not true. I've had 2 children vagianlly and my cervix is not dialated to a 1 or dialated at all. If you feel your cervix it will feel like it's not fully closed, but not by much.

You shouldn't check yourself or have your DH check you unless you both know what you're looking for. It can increase infection, accidentally strip your membranes, or can give you a false reading. If you feel like something is off then you should call your MW.

Good luck momma!