Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baby name opinions with poll (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185099)

mevans 03-28-2011 04:10 PM

Baby name opinions with poll

Would you name your baby girl Tennille?

Part 2: Would it matter on your (the parents) age?
DH and I are 80's babies...we weren't around for the Captain and Tennille music. I am really liking the name though! People that remember C&T are going to be 40 years or so older than this baby...

Doing research online, I've seen where some Tennille's got teased with the nickname of Toenail :( but I guess kids/people will do stuff with any name.
And Tennille's also talk about people "serenading" them with the C&T songs...which I am like whatever about; my name is Michelle and occasionally people would do the "Michelle my Belle" thing, but it didn't bother me.

Thanks! Any comments are appreciated, but I prefer nice ones. ;) lol

luvsviola 03-28-2011 06:43 PM

Re: Baby name opinions with poll

I wouldn't...I teach middle school. No one would ever spell it right.

OrangeBananas 03-28-2011 06:57 PM

If you love the name, I say go for it. I think these days kids can tease and pick on any name.

jenn5388 03-28-2011 10:45 PM

I wouldn't. Just because of the teasing factor. I wouldn't want to set my kid up with that right off the bat.

jacquelinemarie82 03-28-2011 10:59 PM

I don't know the music or reference at all.

I DO think it has tease potential and will be confusing to people. I am not sure how to say that name and it will definitely be spelled "wrong" by probably everyone all the time. My concern is more with the fact that it will never be spelled how it is supposed to be...any time you go anywhere your dd's name will be this...

"My daughter's name is Tennille.....Yes, Tennille....That's T-E-N-N....Yes, two n's....I-L-L-E.....Yes, two l's......" or something to that effect.

If it doesn't bother you, go for it. :)

ohmmama 03-28-2011 11:09 PM

I love unique names. It's super cute!

JennTheMomma 03-29-2011 08:23 AM

No I wouldn't. Just not a name I think goes good with our family. I don't see a toenail connection when I first look at it, but maybe that's because I'm past the whole judge people by their name stage.

staceyroo77 03-29-2011 09:35 AM

I'm not sure, but I'm 33yrs old and I did think of Captain in Tennille when I read the name.

squiddles 03-29-2011 02:05 PM

I said, Yes. I think it's very cute, and i love unique names. I've also NEVER heard of captain and tennille or whatever that is.... (i'm 31)

amphibology29 03-29-2011 02:13 PM

Name your child whatever you want. I grew up with a unique name. To this day no one knows how to pronounce it or spell it. I get a lot of "nanny" for pronunciation, and "Noni" for spelling. For a while after Lilo and Stitch came out people would say, "Nani? Like in the movie!" and that got a little old, but hey, whatever. I love my name and wouldn't change it. My kids all have more unique names that take time to learn to spell/pronounce but that's okay because we love the names and they're special to us.