Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Heart palpitations? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185329)

moonpuppyswifey 03-29-2011 12:03 AM

Heart palpitations?

Has anyone else experienced heart palpitations in their pregnancy? I'm only 9 weeks but over the last few weeks I've been noticing every now and then (maybe 3-5 times a day and each episode only lasts a couple seconds) it all of the sudden feels like my heart is in my throat and I have to cough, just an odd sensation and I definitely don't remember it from my last pregnancy. I've heard it can be normal due to increased blood volume in prengancy, and someone told me it could be the hormones, but I'm not sure. I have an OB appointment on friday I'll ask him about it and I'm not really worried about it, but just curious to find out if many others have experienced this. Thanks for reading!

MamaSarahMay 03-29-2011 12:13 AM

Yea I had it a lot in my first trimester this pregnancy. All of the research I did I found it was normal. I did ask my OB and she said the same thing. It's definitely scary, but it did go away for me once I hit second trimester.

ambersrose 03-29-2011 08:40 AM

Re: Heart palpitations?

I have been having this too! My throat also feels constantly coated or thick. I went online and did a search and it came back as a few possibilities. Thyroid issue (I had my thyroid checked a year ago and it was low but in normal levels), anxiety attack (dont think so), or gluten sensitivity. I also found that I am showing some other signs of gluten sensitivity so I am going to go gluten free for a week and see if I see any improvement. This is my fourth pregnancy and I have not had this with any of the others.

millermyer2 03-29-2011 08:50 AM

I had these during my entire pregnancy w/ both of my boys! My dr said it was completely normal because your heart is working extra!

rainydaysunshine 03-29-2011 09:25 AM

I had this w/ both previous pregnancies, too. However, I dont remember it starting til my 3rd trimester. I was surprised when it started happening at 6 wks this time. I think my body is a little cranky about being pregnant again so soon at my age ( DS was a yr on 3/12 and I'm 34), I seem to be experiencing a lot of things sooner our more intensely this time.

staceyroo77 03-29-2011 09:28 AM

Yep, I'm 31 weeks pregnant, and I've been noticing them a lot lately. I get them several times a day, and they only last for a few seconds. I would be more concerned if they were lasting a lot longer though.

ETA-- I also feel like I need to cough when I get them too.

badhayrday 03-29-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine (Post 12611321)
I had this w/ both previous pregnancies, too. However, I dont remember it starting til my 3rd trimester. I was surprised when it started happening at 6 wks this time. I think my body is a little cranky about being pregnant again so soon at my age ( DS was a yr on 3/12 and I'm 34), I seem to be experiencing a lot of things sooner our more intensely this time.

Me too! I've always gotten this with the first three but not till the last month or so and this time it started right away. I just saw an acupuncturist for the first time and she told me I was nutritionally deficient because I have crohn's disease and because I've had all my babies so close together and because of all of thiss my heart is tired and weak. Not very encouraging. I'm concerned about this "weak" heart diagnosis so I'm going to see me reg Dr and ask him if I need to get my heart checked. It's kind of freakin me out.

mindyt289 03-29-2011 01:55 PM

totally normal- your circulating volume nearly doubles when pregnant and it's extra work on the heart- hence the palps.

moonpuppyswifey 03-29-2011 06:14 PM

Thx ladies, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one and that its normal :goodvibes: I still will mention it to my OB just so he knows though.

kimmiepie 03-30-2011 02:19 PM

I'm in your DDC. :)

Yes, I started having these during my pregnancy with #3, had them again with #4, and have had a few episodes this time but not too bad.

Anemia will make them much worse. Magnesium helps them. MSG makes them worse. Lack of water makes them worse. They are totally normal. I freaked out with #4 because I was having so many of them. They put me on a halter monitor and I had over 2,500 in one day! Still, heart dr. said totally normal and they are called PVC's. :)