Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need hugs, any other lopsided mamas here? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185572)

3lilbubs 03-29-2011 11:53 AM

I need hugs, any other lopsided mamas here?

So when ds was a few mos old, I developed mastitis in my right breast after a long car ride and the seat belt pressing me. I've NEVER had mastitis. I did the antibiotics and it got better quickly but that side never produced as much from then on out. It's as if those glands just shut down. Well a few mos later I developed a clogged duct on the other side of that breast and although it cleared, that breast is just done. Despite all my efforts, extra nursing, pumping and all it has never recovered. At MOST ds might get an ounce from that side. Naturally he doesn't want it, at all. Being a older baby he's impossible to convince unless he's half asleep and full anyway. I've let him nap/sleep nurse on that side and it just does no good. The other breast has taken over and it's huge and I'm so self conscious. :blush::blush::blush: Dh made it even worse by pointing out how lopsided I was the other day. I've honestly thought of stuffing the opposite side with a insert or something. *sigh* Not only that, but he's teething and he keeps biting. I feel awful saying it, but I have never had such a desire for weaning. :blush: :blush::cry:

azdezmom 03-29-2011 12:20 PM

Re: I need hugs, any other lopsided mamas here?

:crying: So sorry mama! :hugs: You're still beautiful and a wonderful mom! :yourock:

kbstanley3 03-29-2011 12:22 PM

Aw mama! Don't feel bad, I really think most women that are breastfeeding are lopsided to some degree. That was in poor taste of your hubby to say anything, I know it would hurt my feelings too if my DH said something to me. I was terribly lopsided (about a cup size difference) while breastfeeding both of my LOs, and for no other reason than that they both preferred one side over the other. BUT you know what? No one really noticed b/c of my clothes. And I tried to think of the positives of breastfeeding for ME and that helped a lot (one of the positives for me was that I had cleavage for once in my life. Vain? Yes, but you're talking to a mama who has double A cups when not breastfeeding so sure was nice).

melissamomof3girls 03-29-2011 02:18 PM

Oh this is so me! I mean literally, one side is one size and the other another. I'm already a small gal to begin with. :blush:

Oh well, my sweet dh is wonderful and makes me feel gorgeous.

jessandtonic 03-29-2011 02:23 PM

My left nipple is inverted and baby has always nursed less on that side. So I've been lopsided from the beginning and my daughter is 11 weeks old. It really bothered me at first. It's very noticeable even with a good bra. But I just don't have the energy to care anymore and almost find it comical. :) Anyway, you're not the only one!

MoBaby 03-29-2011 03:13 PM

DS is 5 months old and my left has steadily been gaining over the right. I do my best to even things out but starting two days ago he screams bloody murder if I try to put him on the right. I can only convince him in his sleep! Blargh.

melissamomof3girls 03-29-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoBaby (Post 12614794)
DS is 5 months old and my left has steadily been gaining over the right. I do my best to even things out but starting two days ago he screams bloody murder if I try to put him on the right. I can only convince him in his sleep! Blargh.

We pretty much only get away with the right at night too :giggle:

willownz 03-29-2011 03:52 PM

I pretty much full time feed from only one side. I got a abscess (and then bacterial septacemia) in the left side after my first was born and the scar tissue left effects my milk production on that side, they just feed from the right every feed and the supply ups to cope, just takes a few days. I am noticeably lop sided when nursing and I am slightly when not. Doesn't bother me and my DH doesn't care. The abcess nearly killed me, I was in the ICU, being lopsided is a small price to pay for that.

bohemianxchaos 03-29-2011 04:27 PM

I'm WAY lopsided, by a full cup size, if not a bit more. Always have been. Strangely enough, when I pump the small side always seems to give out a more creamy milk, lol. I do get self conscious about it, but most days I'm just...ehh, who cares? DF doesn't mind, anyhow.

aaiya 03-29-2011 07:38 PM

I'm lopsided...very lopsided...whether nursing or not. DH makes comments about having a mountain and a molehill. Sometimes it bothers me...but usually not. A good bra does the trick for going out in public and when I'm home who cares. This is how God made me. I'll take it up with Him later ;)