Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   This might be a dumb question..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185607)

Lu&Ce'sMommy 03-29-2011 01:51 PM

This might be a dumb question.....

Does the leaky boob ever stop???? Seriously I leak through the pad on the one side and through my shirt whether is time to eat or not I feel constantly leaky! The other side never leaked and now it's starting to as well. I don't have a over abundant supply when I pump it don't get a whole bunch (like 2 or 3oz).

I know they have that milk catcher thing but that's a little pricey.

Does the leaking stop eventually??? I can't go out in public leaking all the time! Or work for that matter.

Veg's Dragonflies 03-29-2011 02:37 PM

Re: This might be a dumb question.....

Sounds like your body may be out of balance. But if not, you can be thankful for the abundance and nurse baby every time that your body says that it's time to nurse. Natures way of telling you how much to nurse. :)

grizzardmommy 03-29-2011 05:42 PM

I leak like mad...did with dd and again with ds....

wordbox 03-29-2011 06:01 PM

That was me in the beginning, too! I leaked like crazy. It majorly slowed down for me. I just use cloth nursing pads and they are never soaked or anything. I still need them but my boobs are no longer faucets. I'd say they slowed down after about 3 months or so.

Little Miss Kate 03-29-2011 09:13 PM

I found the leaking really slowed down 3 month PP, and i only ever had 1 side leak

AniMommy 03-30-2011 03:52 PM

it will stop. Your baby's just 1 month old. It takes time to synchronize. While waiting, wear printed tops instead of solid. Leaking is much less noticible.

*~*FluffyBuns*~* 03-30-2011 04:41 PM

i stopped leaking at about 4m pp

ingodslove 03-30-2011 05:54 PM

Me too- I'm going through 5+ shirts/bras a day!!! With breast pads and everything! I was going to post about which pads to get. I am REALLY greatful that I have so much milk and DS has gained a lb a week, but I am constantly cold and miserable with milk all over me.

Trixie 03-30-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordbox (Post 12615560)
I'd say they slowed down after about 3 months or so.

Same here. If it's the first time your breasts are being used for their God-given purpose, I find they get confused. By my fourth leaking was at a minimum and only lasted a couple of weeks. It was almost as if my boobs were like, it's cool. We got this.

Lu&Ce'sMommy 03-30-2011 08:16 PM

Thanks ladies, I've been using disposable pads here and there but mostly the Gerber cloth ones but they leak through them all! My right side is pretty bad still so hopefully it will get better by the end of the 3rd month, that's when I'll be going back to work! :goodvibes: