Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Take it all off!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11869)

MommyMommyMommy 06-05-2006 03:23 PM

Take it all off!!

Not like that! :giggle:

Ok, we're fairly new to cding and I want to know how you get all the poop off of your dipes! DS is 8 months old and still mostly breastfeeding (I'm not real motivated to start him on solids but that's a different story for a different post) so the poop is pretty mushy but it's also sticky (ok, this is getting pretty gross!) so it's hard to get it all off. I'm using mostly pockets and am looking for tricks to get it all off so I'm not in there up to my wrists in poop!

Any tips appreciated!! :thumbsup:

Watercolor Ponies 06-05-2006 03:24 PM

Re: Take it all off!!

I don't bf, but I have heard that you don't need to rinse bf poops, they wash clean in the washer. HTH!!:goodvibes:

aimeemarie 06-05-2006 03:26 PM

Alex is bf and has solids. Do you have a diaper sprayer? I'm a'waitin for mine from the co-op but in the mean time I'm spraying off dipes in the sink with my sprayer thing.

negrapy 06-05-2006 03:27 PM

use a light liner inside, like cheapo cut up fleece... I kinda shake it over the toliet and if it doesn't come off I use a little tp to push it off...
and the rest washes out just fine in the wash
(just do cold soak or wash first so it doesn't set the stain)
good luck

GrowingUpMad 06-05-2006 03:33 PM

Wanna hear something really gross??

A friend of mine uses a spatula to scrap it off :yuck:

MommyMommyMommy 06-05-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madalexsmom
Wanna hear something really gross??

A friend of mine uses a spatula to scrap it off :yuck:

:spit:

I'm sure that would work! Then I could rinse it off in the toilet and hang it in near the toilet! Until I get a diaper sprayer, I may have to use this method! At least it keeps my hands out of the poop!!!

Merolu 06-05-2006 03:47 PM

If I know it'll be nasty... say, I feed him miniwheats (hate the resulting poo, it's icky) or a cupcake with green frosting.... I'll use a fleece liner because it comes off fleece like water off a ducks back. Or, poo off fleece, lol. I make me laugh. Anyway... I got a diaper sprayer here in DS and a pair of rubber gloves. I shake off the bulk into the toilet, spray it off and if there is any still stuck there I let it sit about 5-6 minutes wet then I spray again. It's amazing how getting it soaked and waiting a few minutes gets nearly everything elses off. And i have to get it all off there, I don't use a washing machine.

a_cthelen 06-05-2006 03:57 PM

I use FBs and don't rinse them at all. My DS is EBF, too. I just throw them in the diaper pail and wash them within a couple days. I also sun my dipes, so no stains... : ) That being said, if he has an usually large poo, I rinse them in the sink, but I often find that little bits of poo just migrate to other parts of the dipe (eeeewww, gross!), so no rinsey for me for the most part!:giggle:

hollyhobby30 06-05-2006 03:58 PM

I gotta say I love Kushies liners.

MamaLove 06-05-2006 04:10 PM

I use a hose with the adjustable nozel set on Jet to blast off the poop into a bucket, then flushed down the toilet. Never have to touch poop this way, and it is much faster than my mini-shower, and it also is mess-free. :thumbsup: