Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Anyone cloth diaper at Disney World? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187434)

mommieleah74 04-01-2011 12:29 PM

Anyone cloth diaper at Disney World?

We are going to Disney World at the end of May and I am determined to cloth diaper the time we are there. Now... that being said, I will have access to a washer and dryer at the beginning and end of my trip but NOT while we are at Disney for our 5 days. So... anyone that has done it what did you do? I am currently using Bumgenius during the day and Kawaii overnights at night, and I have G's and Flips for my diaper bag. I have a few odds and ends diapers too that I mix in with my BG's during the day but that just gives you an idea as to what I have to work with.

Thanks in advance for the help! I am looking forward to this.

TeachinAuntie 04-01-2011 12:52 PM

Re: Anyone cloth diaper at Disney World?

I haven't done it & I honestly wouldn't even bother! Good Luck!

mommieleah74 04-01-2011 02:08 PM

Someone has to have some experience with this.... I am considering doing Flips with disposables otherwise...

Adam's Mommy 04-01-2011 02:13 PM

Flips with disposable inserts??

wackifamily 04-01-2011 02:21 PM

Kalle has so I am sure when she sees this post, she will chime in. She said it was EASY!!! You can do it Mama!!

Dayzee1081 04-01-2011 02:27 PM

I DID - I used both "full cloth" and G-Diapers with disposable and reusable inserts - it was not a big deal and I got a lot of compliments in the changing rooms, LOL! :)

ETA: it did take up extra room in the suitcases (we drove though so not a big deal) and I did have to do an extra load of laundry, but it honestly was NOT a big deal for me. PM me if you have any more questions I can help with! :D

mommieleah74 04-01-2011 02:30 PM

So you used G's... I have G's and was thinking about them too. I have Flips and thought of trying them since they might be a little easier to deal with but I haven't experimented with them yet. I have only used my G's. I just didn't want to take a bunch of my others and have to deal with washing and stuffing pockets. Inserts are much easier on vacations. I will have to take my G's and Flips then! So it was pretty easy?

boysx4 04-01-2011 02:34 PM

I didn't do it at Disney but I did for a week long trip to Boston. I used flips with stay dry inserts and also a few disposable inserts. It wasn't hard. I washed on our last day. I am planning on doing the same for our 2.5 week trip to Disney in November/December. We are staying onsite though so I will have be able to wash when needed.

dagmomma 04-01-2011 02:36 PM

I did not go to disney but I went on vacation (in a hotel) and used flips and g-inserts. The g inserts were so much better bc I could flush them and no messes anywhere. Plus the flips were so easy to rinse and wash they were dry instantly.

Good luck

treegirl75 04-01-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma
I did not go to disney but I went on vacation (in a hotel) and used flips and g-inserts. The g inserts were so much better bc I could flush them and no messes anywhere. Plus the flips were so easy to rinse and wash they were dry instantly.

Good luck

Ditto! I love flips and g inserts for traveling :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum