Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I'm a little worried (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187669)

forever_loved25 04-01-2011 06:36 PM

I'm a little worried

My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage. At my prenatal appointments, they could never get blood when they would try to take it. My second pregnancy,they could get blood.

Well, I went in today, and they tried to draw blood, and couldn't get more than half of a tube. They stuck me 5 times. once in each arm, once in each hand, then on the vein in the forearm. I am worried that them not being able to get blood, means that this pregnancy will end like the first one, and it has me so worried.

Mommytoo2 04-01-2011 06:46 PM

Re: I'm a little worried

Drink more water. The main reason you can't get blood is from dehydration. Don't worry yourself, relax. God makes all plans for a reason!

Kbunz14 04-01-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommytoo2 (Post 12639920)
Drink more water. The main reason you can't get blood is from dehydration. Don't worry yourself, relax.

Agreed! If you know you're going in for blood tests, drink more water then normal (which you should be drinking a decent amount while pregnant) to help them out - and yourself afterword! I know when I've donated or had extensive blood tests taken, I get a little woosy after if I haven't had enough water pre-testing :)

GL and I wish you all the best mama!

ericamichelle 04-02-2011 09:49 AM

Or request a different lab tech. I'm a tough draw and I always let them know up front. I get some techs who are determined to wrench the needle around to get the vein. Then they bump up against a valve and the flow stops completely. A new tech comes in and gets it straight away. Go figure.

angel0123 04-02-2011 12:21 PM

Probably depends on you veins. The nurses always comment how I have good big veins for blood.

Ask for a dif tech. Some ppl are not good at it.

booty hunter 04-02-2011 01:26 PM

I have the worst veins ever! My problem is they look good and so no matter how many times I let them know they are a problem, I get reassured they will be fine. I usually get poked between 5-9 times every time I go. My sil is a nurse and she said to drink lots of water and to have a warm compress on the spot before they draw the blood. And it doesn't work like that mama,not being able to get blood in no way means miscarriage.:hugs:

momof3boys1girl 04-02-2011 03:15 PM

yep drink more water :)

Angel89411 04-02-2011 09:28 PM

I agree with water. I have been in while dehydrated before, and they had a bear f a time sticking me and my veins are easy! I have only had one person miss....twice. I am still convinced she was a noob. But water, water, water.