Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   How are you avoiding? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187743)

ashley84 04-01-2011 09:30 PM

How are you avoiding?

The title says it all! How are YOU avoiding???

DH and I use the withdrawl method to avoid. I'm an avid charter but we don't do anything special when I'm fertile. We just always withdrawl.

I know many people don't believe the withdrawl method is effective but it's never failed us and we've got quite a bit of experience with it. We follow the rules and DH has excellent timing. We're also very open to a "suprise" pregnancy. We plan on having more children, just not yet. I'm allergic to latex condoms and I want my cycles to run their natural course. The withdrawl method is a prefect fit for us!

3sweetboys 04-01-2011 09:35 PM

Re: How are you avoiding?

I use the minipill, since I was BFing and we have a withdrawl method baby already.:giggle: We can't use condoms either, so it was just the best option at the time. I have my checkup at the end of the month, so I'm going to look into other options then...I also stink at remembering to take pills.:blush:

stevensmom 04-01-2011 09:36 PM

minipill

and dh is done so he would like to get the snip...but I'm not ready for that yet

bigmamakelsey 04-01-2011 09:43 PM

Withdrawl as well, but we use condoms during ovulation.

tygr2410 04-02-2011 05:28 AM

Withdraw or condoms. I'm bf'ing our 10m old, and have not gotten a ppaf yet. I did use Mirena for 3m, but hated it so had it removed 33 days ago, still no sign of AF but I may have o'd. I use mucus and position, and I occasionally use an opk. I don't temp bc ds doesn't sttn and with no cycle, itd drive me crazy. When AF comes back I will

Dh is planning on a vasectomy. We have 3 children, I'd like 1 more, but I know he is "done" and my heart can be happy with 3. I just think he might be having second thoughts, I mean really... He's had 10 months! He has also said he would not be upset if we got a surprise.

pnutandmunchkin 04-02-2011 05:39 AM

tygr2410- We sound very similar. I have a 10 mon old as well who is bf with no PPAF yet. For the first couple months after her birth, I was put on the mini-pill which made me so depressed and all out whacky. Since then, I've been monitoring my temps, CM, and cervical position. We've been using the pull out method as well, but I do have condoms just in case I think my body may be restarting. Personally, I wouldn't mind another baby, but hubby says he's done.

duttonsmom 04-02-2011 08:19 AM

I am BF a 5 mo and got my first period a few weeks ago. I really don't want to go on any hormonal birth control- already have emotional problems. Where can I find out more about cervical position, charting, etc? We want more kids but I don't want to get pregnant while I am BFing and we really can't afford another baby right now! I was charting when I got pregnant with this one (obviously was not doing a very good job!)
Thanks
Jill

nceveritt 04-02-2011 08:21 AM

Exlusively NFPing :goodvibes:

You could look at the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility OR take a class through Couple to Couple League.

angelina_lover 04-02-2011 08:51 AM

Abstinance :banghead: Seriously! Only happens about once every 2 months. We are fine with that though because we do still have 'other' fun and hours of 'play' :blush:

Hopefulily 04-02-2011 10:12 AM

What does ppaf stand for?