Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The weirdest thing your one year old eats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11919)

dirtdartwife 06-05-2006 09:48 PM

The weirdest thing your one year old eats

Ok, I'm sitting here at the computer and my six year old comes upstairs and laments "I'm hungry." So I tell her to go rummage through the fridge till she finds something she wants. You wanna know what she brings me? A jar of Talk O'Texas mild Okra Pickles. Ok.. .no biggie... till my one year old toddles into the room demanding one for each hand! So I put one in each hand so she's now standing next to me sucking and gnashing (with her big ol' ONE tooth) away on them! Loving every minute of it!

Didn't think she'd care for them. :headscratch:

jedibunni 06-05-2006 09:58 PM

Re: The weirdest thing your one year old eats

We were on vacation just a couple of weeks ago and while we were out to eat for dinner my DD wanted some of my salad....no biggie....

Then she wanted the tomatoes....no biggie there either...

Then she started chowing down on the onions and begging for more.... :yuck:

Our whole table just stopped and stared..

She ate all of them.

*~Mindy~* 06-05-2006 10:22 PM

as far as actual food goes?? he likes red onions and regular onions and lemons... umm...he loves ketchup and cocktail sauce- especially dipped fingers LOL, hell eat a whole one of those little cup things they serve it in at one sitting!! blech!

and we had stir fry the other day, neither me or thomas like little baby corns but our son does, he was gobbling them up, thomas was like "blech! rewww! yucky!! :yuck: and our son was laughing and stuffing more in his mouth---ewww! but thats us, and i dont think normal people think those are nasty LOL

Audriannasmommy 06-05-2006 10:42 PM

well my dd is not quite 1 shes 14 months. But anways she is the strangest eater.

She eats.

Brussel sprouts, cabbage, spinach, asparagus, and artichoke hearts all with vinegar or lemon juice. wont eat any of it plain.

She loves salad
tomatoes
barbeque sauce
spicy peppers
sweet peppers
any vegetable she will eat it.
she ate a lemon yesterday
she likes all fruits havent found one she wont eat.
she loves hunny mustard in french fries just like daddy.
rice with sweet and sour sauce also a daddy thing.
steaknicely blended.

But yet out of all things my dd is scared to death of ice cream

EstimosNBearHugs 06-06-2006 09:29 AM

She eats spring onions & sliced black olives. DH had some green beans at a restaurant and they had put whole spring onions (the little bitty baby ones) on top. DD just reached on over and plucked one out of his bowl and popped it in her mouth, then demanded more. Everyone at the table that had them ended up giving them to her. I think she had 8 or 9 of them in all. She eats black olives like they are candy. Yuck on both. LOL

allycat 06-06-2006 09:34 AM

Dog food and dog treats:yuck: One for dog, one for logan, one for dog, one for logan....:banghead: Any time he finds any dog food anywhere, it goes right in his mouth! He's almost 2.5 by the way:giggle: He is a little stinker, I guess I'll have to feed the dog when he is not around to make sure logan doesn't get any.

MamaMel 06-06-2006 09:35 AM

well my DD isn't one either he's 2 but he eats Limes!! Also he will not eat Peanut butter on bread but will eat peanut butter on a spoon and bread by itself. Everyday he gets a spoon out and ask for Peanut butter.

Shannon 06-06-2006 09:37 AM

Ketchup

By itself...she just uses whatever food she has as a means of dipping:)

aschrimp 06-06-2006 12:09 PM

DS is only 9 mos old, but he totally digs these health food store wheat free oat ginger snaps I bought for me. He was grabbing at it, so I gave him a piece, thinking it would be too spicy and he wouldn't like it. Long story short, he ate an entire cookie (not super sweet - kind of like a spicy grahm cracker).
He also loves corn tortilla, but *not* sweet corn pudding (yum! - one of my favs).
Mostly, he will now only eat things that he can feed himself. He hates being fed. So now I have a freezer full of ice cubes of healthy, organic food that I made, and he won't eat, because he can't do it himself. :)

Heidiliz 06-06-2006 12:34 PM

My 21 month old will eat almost anything if he can dip it in ranch dressing. He did, however, discover that a peanut butter sandwich with ranch was not very tasty! LOL!

And, the goofy kid loves cat food, so I have to keep the food bowl behind a baby gate so Seth can't get to it.