Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Prayer requested for a friend... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1193253)

hbee 04-11-2011 03:59 PM

Prayer requested for a friend...

I have a friend named Josh who was just diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma. Essentially, he's got 2-3 years to live, with 10% of patients making it 5 years. It's inoperable. He's 28 with three kids; 4, 2 and 4 months. I know miracles happen, I know God can get rid of his tumor. I'd love to see it happen for Josh and his young family.

hbee 04-14-2011 04:20 AM

Re: Prayer requested for a friend...

Should I post updates? I don't know if anyone read it.

Anyway, Josh is going to be receiving both radiation and chemo in the attempt to back things off a bit. His friends and family are doing a tshirt fundraiser which I think is super cool. They're going to be moving back to PA to be closer to family so that they can have even more love and support right at hand when they need it.

klevmomma 04-22-2011 11:18 AM

:pray: for your friend, mama. What a sad situation :-(

deemommy 04-23-2011 06:02 AM

Praying!

Almacham 04-23-2011 08:19 PM

:cry: :pray:

Am praying hard! He's around my DH's age and we have kids almost the exact same age - DS is 4, DD1 is 2 and a half, DD2 is 15 months, and DD3 is 2 months. My heart goes out to his children and their mother, as well. :(

hbee 04-25-2011 03:13 AM

Thanks, ladies!

Could you include my husband in your prayers? He's very good friends with Josh and struggling with the diagnosis himself.

vmomma 04-25-2011 03:20 AM

So sorry for your friend mama :( What a tragedy. I work in oncology as an RN, and it's cases like these that really pull on my heart strings. I will say some prayers for your friends family, and you and your husband as well. I know the diagnosis looks grim, however I have seen patients given minimal time to live, go into remission. It happens and I hope your friend recovers :hugs:

hbee 07-20-2011 05:59 PM

Bumping this out of the depths to say that Josh underwent brain surgery today to attempt to remove the tumor. This is a huge praise because initially they didn't think they'd be able to do surgery at all. An even bigger praise is that they think they were able to remove 97-99% of the tumor. There will be an MRI tonight to find out more information. Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers. Specifically his wife, children and his twin brother.

The tumor was more advanced than they thought initially, they had given him 4-6 months prior to surgery. The surgeon says he thinks his odds have significantly improved. Please pray that the odds continue to improve. I know that God can do amazing things. I'm really hoping and praying that this will be one of them.