Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Help me decide (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195568)

grizzardmommy 04-15-2011 04:11 PM

Help me decide

So currently I'm renting a BBII and a baby hawk from Heavenly Hold (awesome mama btw)...I just got them today an had enough time to try them on for a few minutes. But only with my hefty 1 1/2 y/o dd. I already see some likes and dislikes for both...tell me some of your likes and dislikes..:thumbsup:

2LittleAngels 04-17-2011 11:43 AM

Re: Help me decide

I have never tried a babyhawk, but have a different mei tai. Sometimes I like a SSC (BBII) over a mei tai as they can be a little faster for me. I like the BBII or other SSC best for when I'm out and about so I don't have to deal with long straps hanging on the ground when out and about. I also tend to prefer a structured waist for longer term use as I feel it helps distribute the weight of the baby to my hips and away from my shoulders better.

That said, there are others out there who prefer a mei tai over a SSC any day. It's just a matter of personal preference.

foodie.yarnie.mommie. 04-17-2011 11:46 AM

I have a toddlerhawk that I use with my 2.5yo and love, I can carry him for hours in it. Even though you can supposedly use the babyhawk for a long time, I think the longer body of the toddlerhawk offers more support.

grizzardmommy 04-17-2011 12:16 PM

Thanks ladies I know its personal preference but I just want others likes and dislikes too so I know other things to consider

Len27 04-17-2011 07:02 PM

I loved the headrest on the BH. I also loved it for front-carries, especially when DS was a little dude. We ran into some snags when I tried to switch him to a back carry, mostly because I couldn't get it tied right to take enough pressure off my upper back. I feel like we *almost* had it right if I could do a sort of chest clip tie, but then I was nearly out of strap to tie with.
I loved the patterns and the way it looked though. I think we would have got it with some tweaking, but it wasn't quite right for us. I have SSC and woven wraps (and ring slings) and to me, the mei tei combined the worst things about the wovens and the SSC. I mean, they also combined the good aspects as well, but it wasn't enough support for me to have all those straps dragging all over the place- I can get a more secure feeling carry with a woven, and a faster carry with my ergo, so that was the end of the BG for me.

issybissy 04-17-2011 07:29 PM

I LOVEEEEE my toddlerhawk and used it to lug around my 16 month old for the past 10 months...she loved it, my back loved it, and my 4 yr old 45lb ds loved it...in fact he wanted to be carried in it just today...so i said sure...althoguh he was quite heavy on my back, he did def fit there and it def supported him! i still am an advocate for it.
i also think a ssc is good but for later...like 2ish...because its faster and i think frequent nursing has slloowwed down a lot by then (i find it easier to nurse in a mt than an ssc.)