Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   can i get some support please? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198506)

smiling.politely 04-21-2011 12:17 AM

can i get some support please?

So u know that feeling when u walk into work and u get that glare from someone out of the corner if their eye that says they recognize and hate u at the same time.? I get that everyday from every person at my job. I get the feeling that they hate me and want me to leave. They have attacked me as a mother. They have attacked my job. They have attacked my common sense. They have attacked me as a naturalist. They write me up for things/suspend me for things that others get a slap on the wrist for. I am a very sensitive person. Fine, I admit it. But I seriously mean I cannot leave. If I leave my family does not eat so please keep this in mind. It seems like any chance anyone gets they humiliate me. Snap at me in front of others (and this includes my supervisors). Those that work under me disrespect me. It all started when I found out I was pregnant and has continued. Every day I'm there I hate myself. They make me hate me. No matter how hard I try, its not good enough. My colleagues are more well liked and they get breaks cut to them. I don't ever get a break. I can't say that I didn't either because then I'm not doing a good enough job. If I do and don't get done on time I'm not doing a good enough job. I feel like that ant caught under a magnifying glass. Except there's a whole lot more ants standing off to the side laughing at me burn. ???

Shimpie 04-21-2011 01:07 AM

Re: can i get some support please?

:hugs: So sorry you have to put up with such a hostile work environment. Getting up in the morning to go to work is hard enough as it is. Having to dread going to work is even worse. Is there anything specific that you could take up with HR? I know it's frowned upon to "whine" to HR, but you deserve a comfortable workplace. If you were happier, you'd be even more productive employee.

JeDeeLenae 04-21-2011 01:50 AM

Why in the world would people treat someone like that? I think I'd climb on a desk and say "wtf is wrong with you people? Grow up!"

amandagodwin 04-21-2011 02:23 AM

I hope you find a new place that will give you an environment to work with :)

keonli 04-21-2011 06:48 AM

:hugs: I can't imagine dealing with that everyday. Stay strong, mama.

mommyria2 04-21-2011 09:32 AM

Hugs mama, that sucks. I was in a similar, but not nearly as bad, situation for a while. For me it was only a few people. But i wasn't happy with my job. Eventually I found another job that pays better and I'm much happier. GL.

angelina_lover 04-21-2011 09:36 AM

:hugs: I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you can find something better elsewhere or that people will just get over themselves and respect you as a person. Please hug yourself and love yourself, they don't know you. they are probably just jealous of you. People that do things like this have miserable lives and try to make everyone elses that way to make them feel bigger/better but they are not.

percussionsmith 04-21-2011 10:58 AM

Oh mama! That must be miserable. My only day to day advice it to try to rise above it and attempt to remember why you are there (for your family). Its hard to find work while you are working, but there's been a number of publications lately that places are hiring currently employed folks over unemployed, so you might be a higher ranked candidate if you did start applying elsewhere.
:hugs:
Could you have your family write good things about eachother on a peices of paper as a craft and then take in the ones about you to put in your office...that way when you feel yucky you could read them...
I also have my clients create a "smile file" for work. Put things in it that make you happy, a card from your husband, a picture of your family, a leaf from a walk....you get the picture....when things get less than smiley at work you go through the smile file.

Also, you could write the name of the instigator on the bottom of your shoe. All day you will be walking all over that person without him/her knowing! Like your own personal revenge.

If you can leave for lunch and go somewhere that makes you feel good, DO IT!

Good luck mama :hugs:

angelina_lover 04-21-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percussionsmith (Post 12779518)
Oh mama! That must be miserable. My only day to day advice it to try to rise above it and attempt to remember why you are there (for your family). Its hard to find work while you are working, but there's been a number of publications lately that places are hiring currently employed folks over unemployed, so you might be a higher ranked candidate if you did start applying elsewhere.
:hugs:
Could you have your family write good things about eachother on a peices of paper as a craft and then take in the ones about you to put in your office...that way when you feel yucky you could read them...
I also have my clients create a "smile file" for work. Put things in it that make you happy, a card from your husband, a picture of your family, a leaf from a walk....you get the picture....when things get less than smiley at work you go through the smile file.

Also, you could write the name of the instigator on the bottom of your shoe. All day you will be walking all over that person without him/her knowing! Like your own personal revenge.

If you can leave for lunch and go somewhere that makes you feel good, DO IT!

Good luck mama :hugs:

:yeahthat: GREAT GREAT advice!!!

hpfgirl 04-21-2011 11:33 AM

Time to spruce up your resume.