Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Throwing myself a WHOMmy Pitty Party- Wanna Join! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198669)

percussionsmith 04-21-2011 10:52 AM

Throwing myself a WHOMmy Pitty Party- Wanna Join!

Im sitting at my desk pumping my boobs, just got back from a morning at court have two clients coming and have to meet some jerk at the jail at 3 so he can get his stuff from the woman HE attempted to strangle! All the while my SAHD husband, my 5yo and my baby are at the ZOO!!! Yay for them! This is the 2nd child of whom I've missed his first zoo trip because MOMMY HAS TO WORK!

Last night my 5yo said "Mommy, I want you to go to the zoo! My friends (at school) only know daddy!" :cry:

When my baby sees me when I first come home he reaches out and whines...already he's missing me while Im gone!!!

I just want to drop work and go home to be with them! I'd love to homeschool, I'd love to give them a structured day...Kenny (SAHD) is great but its just not his thing! OH, BOO HOO!
:yuck:

aubreyaks 04-21-2011 12:28 PM

Re: Throwing myself a WHOMmy Pitty Party- Wanna Join!

I too am at work pumping. :( I hear you!

psylion 04-21-2011 12:30 PM

Hugs momma. Sometimes I hate being in court helping people who have made terrible choices when I could be home with my DD as well. It is hard. When I pick her up from preschool she says "mommy I missed you." It is heartbreaking. Hang in there and remember that your family also appreciates having a roof over their head and food on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Lovinmama3 04-21-2011 12:33 PM

:hugs: mama, I can relate. DH just became a SAHD to our 15 month old DS this week! We are adding DS2 come late August and I can't wait until my maternity leave so we can all do things during the day as a family, like going to the zoo!

keonli 04-21-2011 12:37 PM

Dh works nights but that leaves him nice sunny days to do things with DS, so I know what's it's like with missing out on things. We try to schedule family events on weekends though, so we can both enjoy DS's "firsts". And DH usually makes little videos of the fun things I miss out on like DS playing with the hose in the summer time and sliding into his little pool.

It stinks to miss out, but I try to tell myself it's ok because I'm helping to provide for all those fun moments.

wlillie 04-21-2011 01:02 PM

I'm sorry! My dh gets a lot of firsts all to himself too! He cut ds's hair and flushed it down the toilet so it wouldn't make a mess, :cry: and :roflmbo:, took him to the fire station the day before I was supposed to take him, and they have been to Mickey on Ice twice now without me. :hugs:

amb2j 04-21-2011 01:39 PM

Joining the pity party! I too am pumping and can relate. Sometimes my superego makes me feel guilty that I have a great job in this economy, a great home, an awesome DH (mostly :giggle:), wonderful DS, but Id throw it all away in a heartbeat (if DH were onboard) and go live simply somewhere so I could spend every moment with my children and family, raising them, teaching them my values, and educating them...although Im great with the intellectual...domestic stuff is sooo my thing.

lilac0226 04-23-2011 01:30 AM

I'm sorry, I would be sad too. I am a little envious that your hubby is such a good SAHD. After months of nagging I can hardly get hubby to take kids to the park, we don't live near a zoo but if we did I know there is no way he would take them. I work in juvenille corrections which is nothing compared to what it sounds like you do, I hope there are aspects of your job that are rewarding. Hopefully someday your hubby and you can figure something out so you can work less. Take care.

MrsCrafty 04-23-2011 01:58 AM

I'll join! I'm at work tonight, DS is with Grandma and Grandpa in Illinois visiting my sister and her family for the holiday weekend. I am home working. I'd much rather be with them, they took my 4 month old nephew to the pool for the first time and I want to be there snuggling him. I work in the NICU and have to work every other holiday so here I am. But the good part is that now I just have an excuse for me and DS to go visit without my parents which means more holding and cuddling nephew since there's no competition for him, well besides his parents lol.

angelina_lover 04-23-2011 02:59 PM

:hugs: I too can relate :cry: My S/O SAHD takes the boys to safari parks, the zoo, bike rides, trips to grandma's all without me. I just sit here at my desk and weep because I so want to be a part of 'our' family and sometimes feel like I am just an outsider. I LOVE when my sons wake up and hug and kiss me before work and tell me 'bye mommy i love you' I cannot leave until then and will be late if need be. I have to have that before I leave and when I get home I get the 'mommy's home'' and big hugs. They have no idea that I miss them just as much....even more.