Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   When a mom tries to be a ninja (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199099)

keonli 04-22-2011 08:06 AM

When a mom tries to be a ninja

I had to wake up super early for work today because we had a board meeting. I had my clothes all laid out and ironed, the day's meals all prepared and refrigerated for DH and DS, and I showered quickly and tossed my hair in a bun so I wouldn't have to use the blow dryer.

I made my way to the back door, which is near our bedroom. I tip toed, holding onto my heels and making sure my travel mug wasn't tilted. I opened the door...

Crrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkk k....

"Mommy, where are you going?" asked a tiny voice.

D'oh!

"I want to go too, Mommy," emerged my little brown boy, slipping his feet into some shoes.

"Ok, I'll bring you to grandma's," I tell him. I bundle him up, scoop him up and into the car we go.

3 hours later, I get an urgent call from DH.

"I can't find K," he's screaming at me, drowsy but excited of course. "The back door wasn't locked and I can't find him!"

I quickly explained this morning's ordeal and all was well. But wow, I think I nearly lost DH to a heart attack this morning.

So note to self: Next time tell DH or leave a note, and always lock the doors!

jamilynn84 04-22-2011 08:14 AM

Re: When a mom tries to be a ninja

I do hope DH was asleep for those three hours...

but :rofl:

jamilynn84 04-22-2011 08:15 AM

I do hope DH was asleep for those three hours...

but :rofl:

keonli 04-22-2011 08:26 AM

Haha yes he was asleep. I work days and he works nights. DS is in nursery school 2x a week, and Monday is DH's day off. Usually one of our mothers will watch our son once a week, leaving DH to watch our son only once a week as well and going to work on 4 hours of sleep.

wlillie 04-22-2011 09:22 AM

OMG. I would have been so mad..... and then laughed my butt off after calling 911 back to let them know we found him.

Ninja Mommy- I wish.

I *always* wake my lo up and then am late because it takes him a few minutes to go back to Dad before I leave. I usually get to the front door before I hear him calling for me.

keonli 04-22-2011 10:39 AM

DH wasn't mad at all. I think he still thought he was half dreaming? Poor guy. Now he is wide awake (slept only 3 hours) and getting a hair cut and getting a tree from Lowes for me (free today for earth day). And I expect the dishes to be washed by the time I get home. JK.

Kales524 04-22-2011 10:47 AM

hahahaha I needed laugh like that this morning!!!

desertgirl 05-03-2011 05:02 PM

LOL, omg though, your poor husband!

janobonano 05-17-2011 01:44 PM

That's funny! Although I probably wouldn't have thought so if I was your DH.