Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Used the oxyclean and the windfresh*update (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12004)

offlikeapromdress 06-06-2006 09:17 AM

Used the oxyclean and the windfresh*update

This is an update to my last two posts.

I washed my dipes with the oxyclean and it was horrible. They stunk and were disgusting. So I went and bought the Sam's club detergent and rewashed them and they are all back to normal. They smell wonderfully. I still think when Walmart starts stocking my sportswash again, Im gonna stockup. But I like the Windfresh. Still not sure on how much to use. But the first washing went well!

rowynne 06-06-2006 10:59 AM

Re: Used the oxyclean and the windfresh*update

WOW! I've never had that happen with oxyclean & I use it about once a month. I wonder why it made yours stink???? Glad you found good detergent though!

offlikeapromdress 06-06-2006 11:41 AM

I dont know, but they are horrible. They stunk when I took them out of the washer. ewww. I never want to smell that again..lol.

blondeviolin 06-06-2006 12:58 PM

We use the Sam's Club stuff. It's SOO cheap and is HUGE. :hugegrin: I have a plastic spoon out there labled, "diaper scoop" LOL so The Husband knows how much to put in for the diapers. That's all it really takes. :goodvibes:

offlikeapromdress 06-06-2006 01:02 PM

what size spoon, may I ask. I used less than a cup (that was included) but I had a large load. I wasnt sure how much to use. Like a sauce spoon or a cereal or corn spoon..lol

dmoselle20 06-06-2006 01:03 PM

I use 2 tablespoons for an entire load of dipes.. it doesnt take much and thats why I love it... so cheap!!

bamamom 06-06-2006 01:04 PM

are you serious?? I use oxyspray on all my dipes that are poopy before they go in the washer....and they smell fine. I use baby all or baby purex

and are y'all talking about the powdered Sam's Club Detergent? The kind in a big bucket or a box? ?I am always interested in cheaper detergent!

Heidiliz 06-06-2006 01:08 PM

I've used the Windfresh and never had any problems with it. I'm now using the Kirkland brand from Costco (also in a big bucket) and it works great, too.

offlikeapromdress 06-06-2006 01:11 PM

serious. Yes, the sams comes in a bucket.

bamamom 06-06-2006 01:32 PM

i will definitely check that out!