Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   August 2010 Babies- Summer 2011 Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201621)

AcrossTheUniverse 04-27-2011 10:44 AM

August 2010 Babies- Summer 2011 Chat

Hey ladies! How is everyone doing?

I really miss our regular threads! I just wanted to catch up with all of the August mamas and babies.

Elias is nearly 10 months old now (but 8.5 months adjusted). He is doing really well. His colic/reflux is gone. He no longer has to be on hypoallergenic formula or medication. We started solids a few weeks back and he loves his fruits (not so much the veggies). He weighs 23lbs!

The physical therapy really helped. He has been army crawling for awhile now. He started getting on his hands and knees of kind of crawling last week. Today he officially chased after his sister on hands and knees, so I think it is safe to say he is officially crawling. My other kids also crawled around 8-9 months. Considering he wasn't even rolling over at 6 months, I wasn't expecting him to become mobile so soon.

He is also sleeping 6-8 hour stretches at night, finally!

As for me, all is well here. Almost 12 weeks pregnant with baby #5. We had a u/s and there is definitely only 1 baby in there. I had some bleeding on and off due to a hematoma but so far it hasn't affected the baby.

rmrassi 05-08-2011 02:05 PM

Re: August 2010 Babies- April/May Chat

thats really cool to hear.

I wish I had known about this website while I was pregnant, I could have really used the support and friendship.

My little Ben was born August 11, 2010. He is now eating solid foods, crawling and pulling up to stand on everything. He makes some sounds, but no real words yet. We sign and speak Chinese and Japanese to him, so we'll see.

Big sister Maria (April 25, 2002) is a great helper, but the sibling rivalry jealousy thing is going on. I think she is at a point where she feels like bad attention is better than no attention at all. Definitely need more one on one time with her, but hard to do that with no time to myself...

Its nice to know there are places out here where we can get together and talk about our lives and children. I've been pretty isolated from society for aver 10 years now (military wife, college, other issues) so I really appreciate that there are forums like this.

AcrossTheUniverse 05-08-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmrassi (Post 12895463)

I wish I had known about this website while I was pregnant, I could have really used the support and friendship.

My little Ben was born August 11, 2010. He is now eating solid foods, crawling and pulling up to stand on everything. He makes some sounds, but no real words yet. We sign and speak Chinese and Japanese to him, so we'll see.

Big sister Maria (April 25, 2002) is a great helper, but the sibling rivalry jealousy thing is going on. I think she is at a point where she feels like bad attention is better than no attention at all. Definitely need more one on one time with her, but hard to do that with no time to myself...

Its nice to know there are places out here where we can get together and talk about our lives and children. I've been pretty isolated from society for aver 10 years now (military wife, college, other issues) so I really appreciate that there are forums like this.

Hi! I agree, these forums are a great outlet. We used to have an actual August 2010 forum and it was more active. But they always bump you when the next year's moms start getting positive tests. :)

My August 2010 baby was due August 10th but was born on July 3rd (after 4 weeks of hospital bedrest). He had some issues in the first 6 months with digestion and hitting his physical milestones, but now he has caught up and you wouldn't even know he was a preemie by the looks of him.

Feel free to post here as often as you want. I check frequently as I miss the August 2010 mama's discussions. :)

2208 05-09-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmrassi (Post 12895463)

:wave: Welcome! My baby was born on August 11th, too. :goodvibes:

2208 05-09-2011 01:39 PM

There's a DS August 2010 group on Facebook. If you want the link, let me know. It's not very active, either, though..

That's great Elias is doing so well! And also your pregnancy. :) I still have baby fever but I'm not sure when we're going to TTC. I got my period back on the 3rd but it was super light so I don't think I actually ovulated.. I'm excited to be charting again though. :giggle:

Heather is still cruising and crawling all over the place.. she is a lot better with her balance and is starting to stand on her own. She is a LOUD crier. She really lets you hear it when she's pissed. :giggle: She also learned to wave "Hi" last week.

AcrossTheUniverse 05-09-2011 04:42 PM

The waving hi is so cute! Elias just started doing that, too! :)

I would love the link to the facebook group. I had no idea there was one!

apurkeyp 05-11-2011 08:00 AM

Gosh, Jack JUST mastered sitting at 10 months. He does see a physical therapist also and she says he is doing great. I am not ready for him to be mobile yet but anxious for him to catch up with his peers.

AcrossTheUniverse 05-11-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apurkeyp (Post 12913795)
Gosh, Jack JUST mastered sitting at 10 months. He does see a physical therapist also and she says he is doing great. I am not ready for him to be mobile yet but anxious for him to catch up with his peers.

When did he start the PT? Elias started at 6 months and really took off from there. He wasn't even rolling over when he started. I'm sure Jack will catch up! I wasn't expecting Elias to be this mobile this early, but he seemed to catch on really quickly. :)

Patsy 05-12-2011 08:11 PM

Doug was born Aug 24th (Due the 14th) :)..... He is doing really well. Still on Elecare due to allergies and severe reflux. He is not on any solids because he cant handle them :( we do keep trying with drs approval. All though now we have to wait till one year to try again. But the are thinking it may be an EGID. That doesn't make me happy but its life. He is almost walking which scares me lol My DD wasnt even crawling till 9 months to have DS almost walking at 8 is WHOA!!!!!

AcrossTheUniverse 05-13-2011 12:43 PM

Patsy- My DD2 was full blown walking at 9 months old!