Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Gallbladder inflamed, according to schedule. anyone else? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202087)

newtocloth07 04-27-2011 09:26 PM

Gallbladder inflamed, according to schedule. anyone else?

Well every pregnancy, my gallbladder becomes inflamed around the 20 week marker [my first I was lucky and it didn't happen until 6 months..woo!] Tonight it's started- the pain. They've *almost* taken it out...3 times already but figured since it's just pregnancy related, they'd leave it - seeing as I wasn't having any more babies.... well..uh..here we are, having another baby and I'm going through it again. I have to go on a low fat/fat-free diet from now on , which I do through naturally fat free/low fat foods, not labelled stuff which is chemically altered -or even altered in anyway, to be classified as such.

Anyone have any good recipes for fat free super healthy foods/snacks?

Kales524 04-28-2011 12:03 PM

Re: Gallbladder inflamed, according to schedule. anyone else?

Nothing but a :hug: to offer! Hope you can get it under control!

myajdw 04-28-2011 12:52 PM

I got nada for ya. I had this issue last time around, kind of. And I do have issues in between....mine though is that the 'out' tube is too long and not at the right angle so sometimes gets twisted around or empties too slowly. Causing backup and huge amounts of pain.

For me I had to do low/no fat, no citrus, no spicy, no heavy, no dairy, no HIGH amounts of carbs, no leafy, etc. You get the picture. It was.awful. I'm hoping to avoid that this time, and if I don't I may be INSISTENT they remove the damned thing.

Mama2GBGB08 04-30-2011 09:14 AM

Ugh!!! I have had kidney stones since almost 15 weeks (22 now) and am in pain too!!! Not much I can do but try and pass these bad boys!!!! Not fun!!!! (((hugs))) to you!!!

mom22sofar 04-30-2011 09:48 AM

I had this last time-and it flaired up when I was in the US-the total bill was over $7K for a emergency room visit-yikes! It took us forever to get travel insurance to cover it, but thankfully we did. I haven't had much trouble yet, but like you, was on low fat last time. Another one that can be a pain was lettuce (weird?) and for some reason, I have virtually no interest in salad this go round-makes me wonder if my body somehow remembers. I hope it settles down for you, it can be so painful :(

oh_virginia 05-02-2011 10:25 PM

:hugs:
Nothing to offer except sympathy!
Mine started to flare up during my pregnancy with my son (ON TOP of having HG, it was a pretty crappy 41 weeks lmao) and I ended up having massive inflammation and pancreatitis - so I had to have emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed, and then surgery to get the three stones that had escaped from my gallbladder into my pancreas. I was in the hospital for a good two weeks, lol.

My husband had JUST met our son (he was in Iraq when he was born, and didn't meet him until he was 3.5 months)
So he got to be full-time dad for two weeks- after only "knowing" the kid for a week! Haha!

I ate A LOT of white rice with soy sauce, plain bagels with margarine, and bananas/watermelon/honeydew. I'm SO sorry you're dealing with this! Hopefully with a modified diet things can at least be bearable!

newtocloth07 05-03-2011 09:54 PM

it hasn't been too bad, I've been eating really well and getting pretty creative , ha! Tonight was turkey tacos with barely any sour cream [which is my FAVE to gob onto my tacos] and tons of veggies. they were actually- GOOD. I've been eating a lot of poultry , since it's so lean, and rice and veggies. I only had a flare up over the weekend when we went to a bbq party at a friend's.. all that delicious food- Guacamole is my weakness..I think I ate half the bowl [and it was MASSIVE] I also tried Yves veggie burgers- which I think have more fat in them than a regular beef burger does. YEOWCH. but it was worth it ;-)

p1gg1e 05-04-2011 12:20 PM

Lentils intead of meat? have you tried apple cider vinegar ( with the mother) to help flush your GB? Its safe during pregnancy:
http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php...e=gall-bladder

down at the bottom of the page lots of great info.