Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do you know when you are ovulating? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12023)

Sarah0903 06-06-2006 09:05 AM

How do you know when you are ovulating?

Ok, I have always just had sex and when I got preggo - I got preggo. I am just going off of the bcp (Saturday was my last one). With DD I stopped the pill, had a 30 day cycle and then got pregnant the next cycle. I am curious as to if I actually ovulate that first month after stopping the pill and nothing happens, or if I should expect the same thing this time around?
Is there ways to tell if I am ovulating without the ovulation monitors?

jenncatsmeow 06-06-2006 09:21 AM

Re: How do you know when you are ovulating?

I highly reccomend reading "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Wechler
It's a great book filled with lots of information about your body and how to achieve and avoid pregnancy.

Basically, you have to monitor several of you body's signs (temperature, cervical mucous, and cervical position) to know when you're fertile.

jls~Kain~Drake 06-06-2006 09:49 AM

Before my kids, I didn't have a clue when I was "O"ing but I had an idea by using the TCOYF software...and the only information that was input - was my af dates, etc. No temps, no cm notes, no nothing. It was pretty accurate as far as I can tell :) But once I had kids - I can tell very obviously when i'm ovulating by my cm and I have "O" pains. TCOYF *is* a good book. And I got it just so that I could learn about my body. We weren't ever planning on ttc, but were going to use it as a means to avoid pregnancy while I was bf'ing. It's really informative.

Luv2bemommy 06-06-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow
I highly reccomend reading "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Wechler
It's a great book filled with lots of information about your body and how to achieve and avoid pregnancy.

Basically, you have to monitor several of you body's signs (temperature, cervical mucous, and cervical position) to know when you're fertile.

:yeahthat:

also two great websites

www.fertilityfriend.com
www.ovusoft.com

yellowcampcat 06-07-2006 08:15 AM

lots of clear, stretchy CM was always the best sign for me, since I had long cycles. You could try a basal body temp. thermometer/chart, too. They come with directions.

fouradss 06-07-2006 10:36 AM

Before my dd was born I could never tell. However, now the signs are so obvious I can't miss it. CM doubles, slight cramping and i'm achy down there. I have no problem missing the signs. I am also a ton more intune to my body now.