Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Discouraged...what if lo is allergic to pul, seudecloth and being wet? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203677)

lexismommy23 04-30-2011 07:31 PM

Discouraged...what if lo is allergic to pul, seudecloth and being wet?

I'm starting to get discouraged b/c I'm having a hard time finding an affordable cloth diaper solution that works for my lo with contact allergies. :( She is allergic to pul, seudecloth and being wet! Where do I go from here? She has a terrible rash from the pul on the flip covers and another terrible rash from the stay dry top of the inserts. :( She also can't have wetness against her skin or she gets a bad rash. What now?!!

sashaz122 04-30-2011 07:34 PM

When/if you tried sposies, was she just fine? Just curious - I don't have a solution for you :(

wackifamily 04-30-2011 07:36 PM

Re: Discouraged...what if lo is allergic to pul, fleece and being wet?

The stay dry top on the inserts is not fleece, it is suedecloth, and both of my babies can not use suedecloth, it makes them break out. My DD can ONLY use fleece. Once I switched to only using fleece, the PUL allergy and others I thought she had, disappeared. Have you tried actual fleece??? :)

Mrs.Willis 04-30-2011 07:36 PM

I've read that silk liners are a good alternative to fleece and help with rash. I think Disana makes them, if I'm not mistaken I saw them listed on the GMD website.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum

Dolphin_Medic 04-30-2011 07:36 PM

Have you tried anything like BG's with the microsuede?

The only other suggestion I would have is wool with either bamboo/hemp/cotton fitteds or pfs.

But I do have a question - are you sure it's issues with the fleece and not issues with the inserts having buildup/ammonia? Has she had issues with fleece in other uses?

How often do you change her? I have to change DD2 quite frequently because she doesn't do well with wetness either.

Dolphin_Medic 04-30-2011 07:38 PM

Oh, good point on the tops of the inserts not necessarily being fleece...a lot of kids can't handle the suedecloth like in BGs.

nonipie 04-30-2011 07:38 PM

Have you tried fleece or wool? I know you said she had a problem with the Flip stay dry but that's suedecloth not fleece. Have you tried a fleece inner diaper like FB? Or how about fleece liners in a prefold or flat under wool?

lexismommy23 04-30-2011 07:45 PM

Oooh!! I didn't know that was seudecloth! I was wondering why she never had any reaction to all of her fleece clothing! Okay so we have a seudecloth allergy. The reason I think it's pul too is b/c she broke out in a rash all over her stomach above the diaper and down her legs where the outer was rubbing during movement. Is the outer part pul?

AZmommy 04-30-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wackifamily (Post 12843296)
The stay dry top on the inserts is not fleece, it is suedecloth, and both of my babies can not use suedecloth, it makes them break out. My DD can ONLY use fleece. Once I switched to only using fleece, the PUL allergy and others I thought she had, disappeared. Have you tried actual fleece??? :)

This mines not allergic to suade cloth but she can't have it on a long time or she gets contact rashes..actualy we get the same thing with fleece and do better with all cotton but the fleece is worth a try. I also like covers with no exposed pul there is also wool cotton covers and nylon. Nylon is necely breathable and quite afordable.

Deanna

lexismommy23 04-30-2011 07:49 PM

Re: Discouraged...what if lo is allergic to pul, seudecloth and being wet?

She does have major problems in sposies too. I had to put a thick layer on desitin on her every diaper change. The poor kid always has some kind of rash somewhere. I feel so bad for her. Her skin is really sensitive. We have to use all special soaps, detergents, watch the foods she eats/touches, etc. It's crazy.