Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Military?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204861)

shortstuff21313 05-02-2011 10:06 PM

Military??

Question. I think we have a couple of military families on hear. My husband was in the service prior to being married and having kids, last year we decided he would be much happier returning to military life. He is leaving in June (change in MOS so new school training ect.). I just want some advice. I know it will be hard, the kids have never had him gone, I have never had him gone...sniff,sniff. I am also due while he is gone...so scared/nervouse about that too...I am reallt putting myself out here BTW, I not the type to admit I might be nervous/scared about something...any advice, encouragement, ect? Thanks mamas!

MavericksMama 05-02-2011 10:21 PM

Re: Military??

What service is he going into? Depending on how intense or laid back the MOS school is, will depend on if he can come home for the birth of the baby, or after the birth of the baby. Is he going active duty or reserve? My kids have always dealt fine with deployments, but military life is all they've ever known. My husband deployed for the first time when I was 38 weeks pregnant with our daughter, and returned and met her when she was 7 months old. Then he was "home" until our son was 5 months old, and deployed again until a week shy of my son's 1st and daughter's 3rd birthday. I say "home", because while he was there for my son's birth, he had to fly across the country for a 3 week detachment in the middle of a desert just two weeks after he was born. And for over a year, his shift at work was 2:30 or 3:30 pm until 6:30 or 7:30 am. It's tough with little kids. They always adjust pretty well though. Any questions, I'd be happy to try answering : )

b15chik 05-02-2011 10:55 PM

i don't have anything to add really as dh has never been in the military (was basically his dream but he has been disqualified due to his asthma) but i just wanted to say that it's so awesome you're standing behind him like that, especially with a little one on the way and so much going on in your life! i have so much respect for our military:thumbsup2:

heyuitsme 05-02-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b15chik (Post 12858075)
i don't have anything to add really as dh has never been in the military (was basically his dream but he has been disqualified due to his asthma) but i just wanted to say that it's so awesome you're standing behind him like that, especially with a little one on the way and so much going on in your life! i have so much respect for our military:thumbsup2:

ditto that.

:hugs:

shortstuff21313 05-04-2011 08:35 PM

Thank you ladies! We are excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time. I think now that it is getting closer It is really sinking it. Again thatnk you...over emotionalpreggo lady was crying reading your offers of a listening ear and support! Hugs to you all!!!