Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Do most hospitals have daycare? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1205436)

Lu&Ce'sMommy 05-03-2011 07:31 PM

Do most hospitals have daycare?

I'm considering applying for jobs at the 2 major hospitals in my area I really never have before because the hours I would have I wouldn't have any one to watch my children (DH works out of town most of the time) but I'm wondering if you work in a hospital does yours have a daycare and if they do are they open 24 hours?
Where I work now they don't but it's small non profit facility.
TIA!

kaia.aline 05-03-2011 07:40 PM

Re: Do most hospitals have daycare?

my mom is a director over 13 major hospitals in tx but only 1 has a daycare which is open from 8-5

ETA the only reason that one has a daycare is that it is also where all of the coporate offices are located

nakedbabytoes 05-03-2011 08:12 PM

2 of our 3 major hospitals have them, they are both 24/7. However, I've had mamas who are nurses at both hospitals & there is a super duper long waiting list & it's expensive. Once their names did come up to the top, they'd been with me so long & were happy with my care & I was like less than half of what the hospital daycare was charging, that they stayed with me(and one family still IS with me & she's expecting again).
Convenient, yes. Will it work for you? Dunno.

Lu&Ce'sMommy 05-03-2011 09:26 PM

So you watch kids overnight? I find it hard to find someone what will work past normal hours.

nakedbabytoes 05-03-2011 09:55 PM

No, I don't. The fathers have the kids after hours or overnights. I do work with their schedules so that the drop offs & pickups work for their shifts though(dad might pickup but mom might drop off, or visa versa) And I get the moms' schedules in 6 week blocks & they vary greatly in needs. Like this week, I have the boys(one family) on Monday & Thursday and I have the girls(other family) on Tues, Weds, & Friday. But next week is totally different! No week has the same hours or days.

MrsCrafty 05-04-2011 02:49 AM

I work at a childrens hospital and theres no day care here. =(

jlcohen 05-04-2011 07:50 AM

No day care here either.

staceyroo77 05-04-2011 07:54 AM

One hospital I worked at had a daycare, but they were also a teaching hospital. They had an RN school, and LPN school, CNA courses, rad tech school, and then they had interns as well. I think the daycare was open late, until about 7 or 8pm, but not overnight.

Lu&Ce'sMommy 05-04-2011 08:49 AM

Thanks ladies!

lj2blessed 05-04-2011 08:58 AM

The hospital I work at has a daycare (a few blocks away), but it keeps normal hours (so doesn't cover 2nd or 3rd shifts).

Another local hospital that has an affiliated daycare (that I know of at least) also only has "normal" hours.