Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Guess when you will deliver :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1205575)

5PrincessMommy 05-04-2011 12:29 AM

Guess when you will deliver :)

Just for fun, when do you think you'll deliver and why?

For me, it's hard to say. My first was born 40 w, 3d. My second was 41 weeks even, my third was 39 weeks, but it doesn't count b/c I was induced. 4th was 39 weeks, 3 days. So obviously I have them within plus or minus one week of my due date. So that means I could deliver anywhere from Nov 15th-Nov 29th. But really, since my earliest natural one was only 4 days early it'd make more sense to say the 18th-29th. Now, there's a discrepency between my LMP and what the baby was measuring (4 days difference), so I'm really thinking somewhere between the 18th-22nd is when s/he will be born (18th being the due date by my LMP and 22nd being due date by u/s). So, to narrow it down farther, I am going to guess the 20th since it's right in the middle. LOL..Obviously I could be so wrong! But it'll be fun to look back on this in 7 months and see my reasoning. hehe

Actually, maybe it'll be the 22nd after all..because I have one dd with a 23rd bday and one with a 24th (one april, one march), so maybe I'll get a 22nd lol! OrI guess that could mean 25th too. Ha. Anyway, safe to say I think I will deliver between Nov 15th-Nov 29th. Anything outside of this range would completely shock me! But my official guess is Nov 20th.

ETA: If I got to choose, and the baby was perfectly healthy and came on it's own, I'd love Nov 14th, because it's my BFF's bday! But it's highly doubtful since it's not in "the range" and I'd only be 38 weeks, 6 days.

TheFlare15 05-04-2011 01:36 AM

Re: Guess when you will deliver :)

w/ DD, I started contracting @ 34.5 wks (Aug 29) & had her @ 35.4 wks (Sept 4). She was due Oct 5. She spent 1 wk in NICU.

I'll be doing weekly progesterone shots w/ this one which will cut the risk of pre-term labor from ~ 55% to 37%. I hope to have a baby that will latch (exclusively pumped for DD for almost 13 months) and that will come home with me on discharge, preferably without needing NICU.

I'm due Nov 15, so I'd have to hit 38 wks (Nov 1) to have a November baby. I'm honestly guessing I'll go late Oct, but I'm hoping to hit close to 37 wks...we'll see.

5PrincessMommy 05-04-2011 01:46 AM

I hope you make it to November! My third has a week in the NICU, but I never left the hospital. I refused to leave without her even though I was discharged. I never even walked outside. I can't imagine going through it again. So in that way, I understand. She wasn't early, but just had major complications.

TheFlare15 05-04-2011 02:13 AM

Nope, I went home. There are only a handful of family rooms in the hospital, 1 specifically for NICU, and they are on a day to day basis and mainly for the families of critical patients.

The hospital will be opening a short-stay type hotel on grounds this summer w/ 20-something suites...but I think that would still be hard w/ DD who will be 4 by then. Younger siblings over age 3 are allowed short visits, but can't stay in there for extended visits (officially 5 min? 10 min? & w/ MD order each time...I work for the hospital, so I could prob fudge the times a bit, but not to where I'd be able to have DD there for hours at a clip like I stayed when she was the one in there--I'd need someone to watch her)

We only live ~ 12 miles away, so most realistically if this would be another NICU baby, I'll be stuck just going for lots of visits again.

Plus side? I'm not at any more risk that the general public to have a micro-preemie in the 20's weeks...I'm just more likely now to go in the mid-30's.

5PrincessMommy 05-04-2011 02:17 AM

I was lucky that I lived in a small town and they considered dd a pediatric patient, so she "got" a room. So even though she wasn't in "her" room, I was! And since she was a pediatric patient, she got 3 meals a day. Obviously she didn't eat 3 meals lol, but I did! It was basically like using the hospital as a hotel for the week and having food delivery. But I didn't have anyone bugging me or checking on me,b/c I wasn't a patient. It was a really interesting situation.

TheFlare15 05-04-2011 02:27 AM

Yeah, our NICU mainly doesn't have rooms. When DD was born they had 1 for iso. They've since expanded, and I think have 6 or 7. They're large areas--nurseries A,B,C,D,E & West (expanded area) w/ curtained off bays. It's actually a good-sized one--I think their capacity is @ 43 beds now, and a level 3...but definitely not a room scenario...chairs by the bassinets/warmers, definitely nowhere to recline or sleep. Oh, and since moms don't room w/ the NICU babies, no free breastfeeding trays. Now if the baby was ever re-admitted to Peds or PICU, then yes for the trays.

5PrincessMommy 05-04-2011 02:36 AM

Oh yeah. the NICU had only 5 "beds" I think. And 4 of the 5 were full. I had a regular room in the pediatric ward. So i slept there and spent the day in the NICU with her in a chair in a really small room with all the nurses and other babies and mommies who were there.

AcrossTheUniverse 05-04-2011 07:04 AM

I honestly have no clue. My babies have all been born at VERY different times!

#1 was 39w4d, #2 was 38w2d, #3 was 40w2d, and #4 was 34w4d.

I'm just crossing my fingers to make it to 37 weeks this time, that would be Oct. 21st. And, since I've never gone much past 40 weeks, that would put me at Nov. 13th.

So, anywhere inbetween Oct. 21- Nov. 13. I'm kind of hoping for my actual due date of Nov. 11 because it is a cool date (11/11/11). :)

Mpierce 05-04-2011 07:08 AM

Well I've only had one and she was induced right at 38 weeks but had been trying to come since 29 weeks. So I'm going to guess that this baby will come similar to dd somewhere between 38 and 40 weeks since I believe we will be doing progesterone shots to help prevent preterm labor again. She was 13 days early so if this baby follows my official guess dates would be the 10th or 11th.

But like you if I could have a healthy, ready to come home with me baby on the 6th I would love it. My great grandpa's birthday was nov 6th and he was the closest person to me ever, no matter what he stood behind me. This baby was conceived the month of his passing and will be born the month of his birth, so if it was his birthday that would be amazing. :)

AcrossTheUniverse 05-04-2011 07:08 AM

Oh, yea my DS2 spent 10 days in the NICU. He was delivered at a special women and newborn's hospital specifically designed for high risk pregnancies/deliveries and NICU babies. The NICU had probably 50 beds. The hospital was on the same complex as the children's hospital so there was a Ronald McDonald house, but the wait list was so long I would never have gotten a spot until way after he was released. Also, we live 70 miles away from the hospital, DH had just started a new job and couldn't take any time off, and with 3 other kids at home it was crazy trying to coordinate times to go there. Either DH or myself went at least once a day, usually late at night after DH was off work and the other kids were in bed. It was a crazy experience and I definitely don't want to do that again!