Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Random Cloth diaper question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1205634)

bpure8 05-04-2011 07:42 AM

Random Cloth diaper question

I've only CD one of my children. We did use Gdiapers for a time with my last son but I'm really currious. For those that have CD a boy.. Is there a diaper out there that would give their junk more room? Is a prefold and cover really all that comfy for them? Sorry random thought I've been thinking about. I know to point them down but it just seams like they would need more space...

sweetpeamami83 05-04-2011 07:59 AM

Re: Random Cloth diaper question

I never had a problem with junk fitting. I never even took the time to point it down. =) Maybe someone else can give you some better answers!

CDNMommyofmany 05-04-2011 08:26 AM

I normally used kissaluvs when they were newborns, and then bumgenius and fuzzibunz(the one size ones) after that and never had a problem...and I've only used cloth on my boys:). Honestly, I don't think your son would really know the difference (how his parts are supposed to fit in there), I think the only thing to watch for is the positioning of the insert to make sure it covers where he pees!

Logans Mommy 05-04-2011 12:17 PM

I cut the middle part of the snappi off for ds, not sure that it bothered him, but it made me feel better about it :)

With him I used mostly bg pockets, but I plan to use the AIO's I have from dd this time and the few random pockets I have (bg, rar, and sunbaby). I really like the sunbaby pockets I just got from the coop on here, they seem to fit dd really well and havent had any leaks (stuffed with a prefold) or red marks.

adavieau 05-04-2011 12:21 PM

I've never had a problem with ds's junk being cramped and he's never seemed uncomfortable. We use mostly pre-folds and wool covers with the occasional fitted and bg pocket diaper. I don't even bother to point anything down anymore I just make sure that the extra absorbency (folded pre-fold, fitted insert etc.) is up front.

sisu 05-04-2011 01:42 PM

Lol. DS's junk has never seemed squished in his CDs, and we've used a little bit of everything. I was always worried about the opposite, actually - when he was in sposies and I was carrying him on my hip, I could feel his junk on my side and I always felt like it must be painful for him. :dunno:

z1ggy23 05-04-2011 01:55 PM

I have used fitteds for DS. He doesn't seem to have a problem with the "junk" fitting, LOL... Sometimes I even remember to point him down...

bpure8 05-04-2011 09:02 PM

Thanks gals. LOL! I guess having boys in sposies most of the time if you don't point them down you end up with wet shirts up front.

My Sis got her prefolds and covers in the mail today. She's prepping them and excited to start using them tomorrow. I'll have to ask her her opinion on it. She has 2 boys and no girls.. yet.

bpure8 05-04-2011 09:03 PM

This whole thread may be Moot on the 16th if we end up seeing girl parts. :giggle: But I guess not totally because it was a random thought :)

ransom 05-05-2011 07:09 AM

:giggle: heheh, this thread made me laugh. honestly, i never even thought about it! my son is 7 months and we've CD him in prefolds + covers (thirsties, mostly) since the beginning... he's never seemed to need more room. i swear by the "point-it-down" thing, though, because we had weeks of wet clothes when he came home from the hospital (a preemie) and couldn't figure it out for the longest time! :giggle2: