Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Bleeding belly button? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1205867)

hippieintraining 05-04-2011 01:22 PM

Bleeding belly button?

DD is just over two weeks old and her stump fell off at 5 days. Ever since, it's bled, just a bit. I don't ever see the blood, but I find it on her diapers (just a bit). So I'm wiping her belly to keep it clean, but just with a cloth with water.

The midwife said (at her 1 week appt) that it was ok as long as it didn't start to swell and 'spread'. We don't go back until next week.

Advice?

TIA!

Paisleesmomma 05-04-2011 02:23 PM

Re: Bleeding belly button?

we are having the same thing...DD's cord fell off Sunday morning...at just 5 1/2 days...and appears to be healing up but having the blood spots on onesies and dipes

Crystalftw 05-04-2011 02:30 PM

Same story for Elliana, she goes in for a weight check friday so Ill ask the doc then.

Ky&AbMom 05-04-2011 02:44 PM

Same for Myah, except shes a week old yesterday and its ALMOST off, its just hanging there, and the inside looks all mucousy/bloody, really grossing me out :( lol.

MamaBird06 05-04-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ky&AbMom (Post 12870802)
Same for Myah, except shes a week old yesterday and its ALMOST off, its just hanging there, and the inside looks all mucousy/bloody, really grossing me out :( lol.

my dds fell off today at just 6 days, but yeah they gross me out too and I can barely look at it, but idk, bleeding for that long may be of concern, hope you get it figured out.

tavosmama 05-04-2011 09:35 PM

My son's fell off at 7 days and Oh my goodness was it STINKY!! We were taught in nursing school that stinky means infection and bad, but his doctor said not to worry about it. He had a little light bleeding for like 2 weeks which I only know about because of the random dried blood. I just cleaned it with a little rubbing alcohol. I was all concerned but it healed up fine.

mommyto2girls 05-05-2011 01:37 AM

Elizabeth lost hers at a week old, and at her 2 week check up it was still having a little blood from it, Dr said it's nothing to worry about (unless it's infected) .....said that sometimes when they loose it so early it can do that:headscratch:

it stopped soon after that...and she had a cute normal non bleeding belly botton now:thumbsup:

~Peach~ 05-05-2011 01:40 AM

My daughters bled for a week afterwards because hers fell off prematurely. Our ped told me not to be concerned as long as it was just a spot or two and to make sure to keep things from rubbing on her belly button.

STK2 05-05-2011 04:30 PM

Wow it sounds like all of theirs fell off in the first week and then had the bleeding. DDs didn't fall off till at after 2 weeks I think it was around day 15 or 16 and she has not had any bleeding. I hope they will stop bleeding soon!