Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   what to wear/pack for water birth? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206226)

ransom 05-05-2011 07:33 AM

what to wear/pack for water birth?

hey mamas, i'm hoping for a water birth this this one, and am trying to figure out what to wear (and what to bring)! i was thinking i would wear a cami in the pool, but then i thought, ugh, that soaks up all the water, and what if i'm in and out of the pool? would i change every time? no one wants to sit in wet clothes... i know a lot of people wear bikini tops, i could do that, but mine are really too small while i'm pregnant and have enormous boobs, and they hurt after a while (tying the top behind my neck) holding up these heavy things! :giggle::blush:

what did you do?

what did you WISH you'd done?

advice??

also, what did you pack? our birthing center will send us home like 4 hours after the birth, so obviously i don't have to pack a bunch of overnight stuff, but i don't want to get there and wish i had changes of clothes. if you had a water birth, do you actually get in and out of the pool? or once you're in do you tend to stay in? is everyone different?

i have no idea!!:headscratch:

thanks!:goodvibes:

bpure8 05-05-2011 07:44 AM

Re: what to wear/pack for water birth?

I'm one that stays in the pool when it comes down to the end. You couldn't get me to get out for anything! I wear my tankini top. (See AV) It covers everything and is really modest. (But that's me) If your thinking of getting in and out I would bring a few extra Cami tops to change into or perhaps some sports bras. I have one tankini top that ties up around my neck and I HATE it for the reason you stated. So much weight.

I Birth at home so I guess I would bring a robe, change of really comfy PJ's. Socks, if your going to be using cloth Postpartum pads, Hairbrush, Tooth brush, Paste and baby things. If your going to be sent home 4 hour later I would pack light.

smashncakes 05-05-2011 11:00 AM

Another big-chested momma here...no waterbirth, but I was in and out of the shower with both of my others, I just wore a comfy sports bra and had a couple extra packed so I could have a dry one when I was out of the shower. If you're going home that soon afterwards, I would pack super light...outfit & diapers for baby, comfy clothes for you to change into after birth and to go home in, a hairbrush and ponytail holders or hair clips, maybe an extra change of clothes for your DH, toothbrush & paste for both of you.

gem898 05-05-2011 11:27 AM

Could you wear a sports bra made out of a performance type fabric? It would be supportive and quick drying.

BoyCrazy 05-05-2011 07:58 PM

I was also going to suggest a tech fabric sports bra (or 2?). May I also suggest something with a clasp rather than a pullover style? If you do decide to change out of a wet one they are really annoying to get out of especially when they are wet.
I didn't have a waterbirth but I was in and out of the jacuzzi with my last 2 labors and wearing my swimsuit top (like a long tankini, almost a swimdress) and it was really annoying having all that wet fabric on me when I would take a break from the tub, and when I wanted it off it was like a wrestling match. I will definitely go with a sports bra this time around.

gem898 05-05-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyCrazy (Post 12880604)
I was also going to suggest a tech fabric sports bra (or 2?). May I also suggest something with a clasp rather than a pullover style? If you do decide to change out of a wet one they are really annoying to get out of especially when they are wet.
I didn't have a waterbirth but I was in and out of the jacuzzi with my last 2 labors and wearing my swimsuit top (like a long tankini, almost a swimdress) and it was really annoying having all that wet fabric on me when I would take a break from the tub, and when I wanted it off it was like a wrestling match. I will definitely go with a sports bra this time around.

Good point! I hate wrestling with wet fabric!