Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Pricing advice ...? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206600)

Havah 05-05-2011 05:03 PM

Pricing advice ...?

OK, I'd rather ask you ladies since I think I'll get more consistent feedback from you ...

Here's the deal: I've been using the Thirsties Hemp Jersey PF's for a few months, and while I like them, DH has requested that we go all AIO and fitted since we'll be diapering two. The hemp jersey is AWESOME in terms of softness, a dense and durable knit (with respect to regular wear) with incredible absorbency. However, they clearly weren't made with pinning or snappi-ing in mind. :~ There are "pin holes" (most of them just a mm in diameter with a couple at 2-3 mm) at the two back corners and then where they fasten in the front (I typically do a modified jelly roll). Most of them have some very light staining, but no stink issues. The stitching and the general area (barring where they fasten) are in EUC.

So, because of the pinholes only, I'd place them teetering between fair and good used condition. I do want to make something off of them despite PP fees and shipping (they are pretty heavy at 5 oz/each).

WWYD for price point? :headscratch: They retail (on average) for $7/each plus shipping. I don't think it would be cost-effective to sell them singly ... do you think $3/each for 3-8, $2.50/each for 9 or more (ppd, of course) sounds fair and appropriate?

TIA!! :lostit:

Havah 05-06-2011 09:34 AM

Re: Pricing advice ...?

Anyone??

sisu 05-06-2011 09:40 AM

I just pulled out my Thirsties hemp prefolds yesterday and used one last night, I forgot how much I loved them!

Your pricing seems fair, maybe even a little on the low end, TBH. I'd start out at maybe $5 each ppd, $4 each for 3-8, and $3 each for 9 or more. I'd be happy paying that, even if there are a few snags or holes in them.

You could also keep them to use as pocket stuffers... I don't know if you like pockets, but they do work great for that. :)

Havah 05-06-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 (Post 12883409)
I just pulled out my Thirsties hemp prefolds yesterday and used one last night, I forgot how much I loved them!

Your pricing seems fair, maybe even a little on the low end, TBH. I'd start out at maybe $5 each ppd, $4 each for 3-8, and $3 each for 9 or more. I'd be happy paying that, even if there are a few snags or holes in them.

You could also keep them to use as pocket stuffers... I don't know if you like pockets, but they do work great for that. :)

:phew: Thanks mama! I thought $5/per was a tad steep as I paid that for a dozen of them like new from a mama here. :blush: My camera's also disagreeable about close-ups, so I want to be sure buyers don't feel "cheated" (we all know different people have different definitions of "fair," "good," and "small (with respect to holes).

We actually got away from pockets - DH requested "as simple as possible" with a cesarean looming and 2 kids in diapers. We'll be doing AIO's for day and fitteds w/ doublers and wool at night. But marketing them as "stuffins" is a great plug! :)

sisu 05-06-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havah (Post 12883978)
:phew: Thanks mama! I thought $5/per was a tad steep as I paid that for a dozen of them like new from a mama here. :blush: My camera's also disagreeable about close-ups, so I want to be sure buyers don't feel "cheated" (we all know different people have different definitions of "fair," "good," and "small (with respect to holes).

We actually got away from pockets - DH requested "as simple as possible" with a cesarean looming and 2 kids in diapers. We'll be doing AIO's for day and fitteds w/ doublers and wool at night. But marketing them as "stuffins" is a great plug! :)

As long as you post pictures and accurate descriptions, I think it's a good starting point. I've never sold anything for what I was asking for it anyway, people always make offers for a couple dollars less, no matter how fair the original price is. ;)

Havah 05-06-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 (Post 12884441)
As long as you post pictures and accurate descriptions, I think it's a good starting point. I've never sold anything for what I was asking for it anyway, people always make offers for a couple dollars less, no matter how fair the original price is. ;)

I posted one pic. I couldn't get a close-up (the whole thing was so blurry you couldn't see the hole), but I tried to be as descriptive as possible and stated that my camera wasn't picking up the flaws.

Yes, I know that people haggle - I anticipated that. ;)