Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Stash ideas...? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207827)

fluffybunsdiapers 05-08-2011 11:46 AM

Stash ideas...?

Doesanayone have any stash ideas yet? I literally just sold off the rest of my stash 3 weeks ago
(along with the rest of my baby stuff) because we were planning on waiting about 3 more years :banghead:-so I figure I'll make most of the diapes myself,but will probably get some other ones too because fluffy mail is so much fun :giggle:
so...what are your ideas for a stash-I know its early to think about but I'm such an addict :blush:

vittoriosmom 05-08-2011 01:08 PM

Re: Stash ideas...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffybunsdiapers (Post 12895173)
Doesanayone have any stash ideas yet? I literally just sold off the rest of my stash 3 weeks ago
(along with the rest of my baby stuff) because we were planning on waiting about 3 more years :banghead:-so I figure I'll make most of the diapes myself,but will probably get some other ones too because fluffy mail is so much fun :giggle:
so...what are your ideas for a stash-I know its early to think about but I'm such an addict :blush:

I am thinking to make it easy I will buy a bunch of AIO's. I want to have around 30.
Some Bum Genius xs
Some Fuzzi Bunz xs
Some Grovia NB

I have read bad things about little joey's so I want to atay away from them.

I already heave 16 knickernappies OS so after he/she grows out of the nb dipes I will sell them and start using the OS and then probably buy more OS fluff!

I want to stay away from any prefolds and covers because if I have to use those I might as well just not cloth diaper... my husband is never going to get it...

CASMama711 05-08-2011 06:26 PM

I'm thinking probably Flips because they were my fav with my DD. I haven't used cloth on a newborn before, though, and I've heard that Flips start to fit better around 10 lbs. or so. Since this baby's coming in the winter, I'm planning fitteds and/or prefolds with fleece longies for the newborn stage, just until the Flips fit better. I've heard that Kissaluvs fitteds size 0 have the best fit for newborns, so I've already picked up a few of those. :goodvibes:

cutebluebaby 05-08-2011 06:37 PM

I make a lot of my own diapers for N, and I was just going to do the same with this one. I donated a LOT of my NB/S to friends who were having babies when we moved last summer because it was less to shove in the U-Haul.

For this one, I was just going to go with fitteds and wool, and fleece if needed. I'm going to stay away from PUL covers since N had a reaction to them (but he's fine with AI2's :headscratch: ). N is currently in mediums, so I just need to make a lot of NB's & and S's. He's not moving up to larges anytime soon... I may have to make him some trainers before he goes up a size.

austinandashlynsmommy 05-08-2011 07:04 PM

I was thinking about this all day today actually. With my youngest, I used newborn mutts and then moved into goodmamas and bg organics. I'm thinking of going the same route again or trying the goodmama newborns since we have been so happy with the one size. I'm a knitter so we do a lot of fitteds and wool and then typically do an aio under regular clothes.

fluffybunsdiapers 05-09-2011 04:55 AM

Yay- Keep 'em comming- I was such a mess with my dd's stash- we had a little of everything which was fine for me but got complicated in the wash and for ex-so I want to make it alittle simpler and unless things change I'll have to go back to work :( so I need some aio/ai2 or pockets (the only ones accepted at daycare) but I love fitteds and woolies-though all my wool right now is very boyish-lol

stacieandtheboys 05-09-2011 06:15 AM

I am using kissaluvs 0's and covers for the first few weeks and then switching over to a OS AIO. Not sure which one yet.

sasra_nu 05-09-2011 09:06 AM

Honestly... I am most likely using sposies for the first couple of weeks. DD grew REALLY fast and I just don't think it's worth it for us to buy newborn dipes. Plus, I was completely EXHAUSTED when she was a newborn, and I just can't fathom adding diaper laundry on top of everything else in those early days when I'm so tired I can't even see straight. (We didn't start CDing till she was 6 months or so).

I may buy some smalls, no idea what yet (depends what I find on FSOT that's a great deal!) but right as DD PL'd I was really getting into closureless fitteds. I already have TONS of OS pockets (mostly BGOS) and inserts that are in perfect working order, so we'll definitely use those.

I also want to get some cute woolies!

I do have some fabric that I bought wanting to make my own fitteds for a newbie, but I am just thinking it's not going to happen. I may try to find a WAHM that would be willing to sew them up for me.

Cruiselover23 05-09-2011 09:53 AM

I plan on using Flips and bumgenius 4.0 after 13 lbs or so.

I already bought 14 clearnence bumgenius AIO in size small (green and yellow). I also have 3 thirsties duo size 1 left over from my daughter. I have a ton of newborn sposies left over from my daughter too - I was saving them for baby doll diapers but maybe we will use them on baby #2 :)

pearryandbellasmama 05-09-2011 10:02 AM

Fitteds and wool here mostly. I still have all of DD's diapers and could care less that they're girly (if we have a boy.. lol) But I also plan on making a few myself towards the middle/end of the pregnancy, so we will see how it goes :)