Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   4 weeks pg, Prog. at 24.6 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210816)

kismetbaby 05-13-2011 11:45 AM

4 weeks pg, Prog. at 24.6

Hey ladies. Just got the results of my progesterone blood test (I was suspicious of low prog b/c of LP issues before getting the BFP). It was 24.6, taken yesterday when I was 13dpo. Does anyone know if this is normal or worrisome? Google isn't very helpful and I haven't heard from my Dr. about what she thinks.

Thanks!

kismetbaby 05-13-2011 11:54 AM

Re: 4 weeks pg, Prog. at 24.6

Okay, this is the message I just got from the Dr.

Lucinda--this is in the normal range.
I think we just need to wait and see what happens.
Try and hang in there!

Sigh. I hate the waiting and wondering.

sasra_nu 05-13-2011 12:12 PM

I think that is definitely normal and fine, not even borderline or anything. I want to say single digits are not good and that's when they will supplement, but I think 24 is great. Try not to worry :hugs:

I am on Prometrium - even though my LP is 12 days, which theoretically should be long enough, I cannot get pregnant without the Prometrium.

kismetbaby 05-13-2011 12:15 PM

Thanks Sarah. Nice to hear from someone who knows about dealing with low prog. I had no issues before having ds, but ever since having my cycles back while BFing, I've only made it to 10dpo and that was with spotting starting at 8dpo. So I was assuming my prog was too low to get pg even. Which is why I demanded the test from my Dr just in case I needed to be on Prometrium to keep this bean.

But I guess (fingers crossed) that my body figured it out this cycle! so hard not to worry though. . .

vittoriosmom 05-13-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kismetbaby (Post 12931025)
Thanks Sarah. Nice to hear from someone who knows about dealing with low prog. I had no issues before having ds, but ever since having my cycles back while BFing, I've only made it to 10dpo and that was with spotting starting at 8dpo. So I was assuming my prog was too low to get pg even. Which is why I demanded the test from my Dr just in case I needed to be on Prometrium to keep this bean.

But I guess (fingers crossed) that my body figured it out this cycle! so hard not to worry though. . .

Your body is doing it's job Mama!

CASMama711 05-13-2011 12:47 PM

Totally normal :goodvibes:

austinandashlynsmommy 05-13-2011 01:01 PM

I know absolutely nothing about progesterone, but I completely understand the waiting game. Since my inconclusive u/s Tuesday, despite tons of reassurance from the u/s tech and my OB, I'm still a worrying mess. Bloodwork came back great and I have no actual reason to worry but it's driving me crazy and I just have to sit and wait until the 24th. :(

kismetbaby 05-13-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vittoriosmom (Post 12931121)
Your body is doing it's job Mama!

:yay: Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chmom77 (Post 12931218)
Totally normal :goodvibes:

Thanks! :goodvibes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy (Post 12931311)
I know absolutely nothing about progesterone, but I completely understand the waiting game. Since my inconclusive u/s Tuesday, despite tons of reassurance from the u/s tech and my OB, I'm still a worrying mess. Bloodwork came back great and I have no actual reason to worry but it's driving me crazy and I just have to sit and wait until the 24th. :(

:hugs: That is so hard! With my son, the MW couldn't find a heartbeat with doppler at 9wks (my first appt). . .I totally freaked out. And had to wait 2 weeks for a u/s to find out that everything was fine. So you'd think I could just relax this time. . .but nope. Hope it all turns out well for you.