Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eastern Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   sleep diaper?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211651)

bb2011 05-15-2011 07:18 AM

sleep diaper??

My DS is a HEAVY wetter, and I have come to the realization that I need a night time diaper. I've looked int Omaiki, Kiwi Pie, Bamboozle, and Happy Heiny Organic Hempy. I'd love everyone's input as to what worked best, and if anyone's getting rid of any of the above, please let me know! Thanks in advance mama's!

crazylife 05-15-2011 06:15 PM

Re: sleep diaper??

Your DS is a cutie-pie - I love his little kissy lips in your avi :giggle:
I have found the best combo for night is a fitted diaper under a wool cover/soaker. I don't have a heavy wetter but many people who do say this combo is bullet proof. I use (usually) an Sbish fitted with their doubler then a wool (usually interlock because it's thicker) cover, and DD stays in it for 12+ hours with zero issues.

babywearing_mama 05-16-2011 08:37 AM

Mother-ease Sandy and mother-ease airflow cover.

Sally's Red Meadow 05-16-2011 08:44 AM

We went through a phase where we would trifold a prefold and lay on top of the fleece of a double stuffed pocket. We had to size up the pocket. But ultimately the 3 prefolds did the trick.
Later we switched to two prefolds and wool.
Now we are down to 1 prefold and either a cover or wool.

Mom2Kiki&Skye 05-16-2011 09:24 AM

Our nighttime diaper is usually a DreamEze AIO (discontinued, but can probably still find them around) or a BubuBebe fitted with wool

Annalea 05-16-2011 11:47 AM

we are using tot bots easy fit diaper (bummis) at night and loving it. you can always add it a booster to it for more absorbency. they say it will absorb 17.6 oz without a booster! we have never had a leak yet.

MamandÉlise&Muriel 05-17-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Kiki&Skye (Post 12946731)
Our nighttime diaper is usually a DreamEze AIO (discontinued, but can probably still find them around) or a BubuBebe fitted with wool

Good to know - my dd was a really heavy wetter and I have since purchased a whole whack of (new) Dream Eze - I'm hoping they'll do the trick.

Mom2Kiki&Skye 05-17-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamandelise (Post 12953437)
Good to know - my dd was a really heavy wetter and I have since purchased a whole whack of (new) Dream Eze - I'm hoping they'll do the trick.

I hope you love them. A little fyi, they did take quite a few washes before reaching maximum absorbency.

MamandÉlise&Muriel 05-18-2011 09:23 AM

A friend did tell me that. They've been washed 4 times but she said it took more like 10 for hers. Here's hoping we get to that magic number quickly. I'll be sure to use them a lot early on.

blackcomb 05-19-2011 10:35 AM

I used heiny sherpa fitteds and they didn't live up to expectations and my LO was soaked by the morning as were his sleepers.

I went to diaperpin to see the best rated ones and ended up getting the Kissaluv fleece fitteds with their soaker/inserts for night time only, my LO is 20 months old and a heavy wetter and sleeps on his front some nights too.

I use the bummi whisper pants (also highly rated on diaperpin) as they have always lived up to expectations, and no leaks.

My LO lasts 12 hrs a night in these, no leaks, and I fold the insert in half and place it at the front where he pees and it works fantastically.

hth