Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Symptoms with boy or girl? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212270)

mrscompgeek 05-16-2011 10:51 AM

Symptoms with boy or girl?

Those of you who have a boy and girl did you tell a huge difference in symptoms between the two? With my daughter I had morning sickness from 4 weeks to 9 weeks. But other then that nothing. . .This time I have very little nausea but I have extreme fatigue, back ache, cramping (which I know is more common with second or more babies), hot flashes and VERY regular in the bathroom as far as poo which Im normally twice a weeker. . . .
So based on how different I feel this time I am totally thinking boy. . But I could be wrong.
So just curious if you could tell a difference?

austinandashlynsmommy 05-16-2011 11:19 AM

Re: Symptoms with boy or girl?

Not really.... The only real difference so far is that everything with dd was predictable. For instance, I would wake up in the morning and feel nauseous until I ate breakfast. About 20 minutes after eating, I would vomit violently, then felt totally fine the rest of the day. With the boys, I never knew when it would hit. I was sick most of the time with my youngest though. All of the old wives tales were wrong for my youngest. I was certain he was going to be a girl, lol.

mommytoallgirls 05-16-2011 11:23 AM

I am not pregnant now but my 2 pregnancies were totally different!! I mean, everything I had with the first I didn't have with the second and vice versa. I swore my second was going to be a boy...but she wasn't. Both girl pregnancies that were totally opposites. And it turns out that their personalities are complete opposites too!! Wow. Like. Really diff. But in a good way. lol!

cutebluebaby 05-16-2011 11:24 AM

I've got 2 boys and my pregnancies were completely different as far as symptoms. With Z, I didn't have much morning sickness at all, just aversions to greasy foods, and craved lots of carbs (mac & cheese, mashed potatoes). With N, I had m/s so bad I lost weight. I never threw up, but it was bad enough that I didn't want to eat, but not eating made it worse. I craved veggies with him... veggies I didn't like too.

With Z, I didn't have much back pain, but with N I did, and I am with this one too, but that all comes down to how Z was positioned during pregnancy and ultimately his birth too. I was told with N that I would always have that issue in future pregnancies. It feels like someone is literally sitting on top of my tailbone/bottom of my spine.

One thing that is different for me with this one is I'm freezing! But I'm always cold this time of year... when it's not quite warm enough to not have the heater on, but cold enough and rainy. Ick!

doxiegal 05-16-2011 11:47 AM

With DS I craved sweets and couldn't eat beef the first trimester. With DD I craved healthy stuff like spinach and didn't have any aversions. This time I'm confused b/c I'm craving lots of healthy stuff but can't eat meat.